Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Confess to Your Stealing Tendancies..............here!!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Apparently I have stolen a whole bunch of stuff from work over the years. I am something of a scavenger, and look in the skips most weeks for interesting things: anglepoise lamp, tv screen, blower fans, printer, kids toys (!) exercise gear, chairs, drawers, wood, metal, heat gun, computer bits, light fittings, a bike. Some stuff needed fixing and some didn’t. I always assumed that the skip was fair game, but we have a legal whiz in our dept now and apparently it is not! I’m trying to remember now, but I think that it becomes the property of the skip company once it’s in there.

Still do it of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    I've got a fair bit of kit in my workshop that I, cough, inherited from an old employer. Our department was due to be shut down and our manager basically told us to help ourselves from the stores. He then got fed up and decided to quit a couple of weeks later. His leaving gift to us was a wodge of signed requisition forms for a major tools & electronics firm. Got several power tools out of that which are still doing sterling service. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    I used to work for a car alarm firm in the 90's had a little sideline of leaving a box of 12 alarms in the skip round the back on friday evening, then coming in on Monday morning to find it had been replaced with a box of 12 Nokia phones. We did alright out of that for about 3 years.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A Clarion storage array (again was destined for the skip), with 2TB of fast scsi disk.
    Memory for servers, they come with 148GB as standard, but the amount of have actually purchased comes as a separate bundle (512GB), so you have to take the old stuff out. It just sits there on a shelf mounting up over time with no use what so ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    harpo said:

jellyroll said:
    Not from work but was on a flight yesterday and was using complimentary Bose noise cancelling headphones which are over £200 a pair. Stewardess omitted to collect mine at the end of the flight and it did occur to me to "borrow" them. I just didn't want the guilt so I handed them in.
    Sheeeeeeit! What airline is that?
    American Airlines and US Airways do that in business class. The AA ones are branded and get their power through the cable, rather that from a battery. You would have to break the cable off and try re-jig the electronics but it's a mission. The US Airways ones were just standard Bose QC15's though.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    Many years ago I quietly relocated a Clarion CD multichanger from a car that had come in without listing it on the paperwork. I *may* have also salvaged 4 car loads of returned Adidas gear from a sports shop that was destined for the skip.

An ex of mine used to work in a bank as a teller, and she cashed up a grand over one day. Checked, rechecked, checked a final time and the overpayment still wasn't traceable so she brought it home.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    Van_Hayden said:

Can you offset the loss against taxable profit though??
    Now there's an idea. Steal it from the government instead!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    My mate and I stole a cannonball from Deal Castle when we were still at school. Took us ages to figure out how to get one out of the rack they were in. We realised there could be a few questions asked when we got home, so we left it on the back seat of the bus on the the way home.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    hobbio said:
    Many years ago I quietly relocated a Clarion CD multichanger from a car that had come in without listing it on the paperwork. I *may* have also salvaged 4 car loads of returned Adidas gear from a sports shop that was destined for the skip.

An ex of mine used to work in a bank as a teller, and she cashed up a grand over one day. Checked, rechecked, checked a final time and the overpayment still wasn't traceable so she brought it home.
    She wins the most despicable thing in this thread award.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I de-frauded a well know high street bookmakers for thousands of £££'s in my early twenties, I'm not proud of it and wouldn't advocate doing it but I did it.

I'm not ashamed either, I could claim that that it was a "sticking it to the man" type of Robin Hood affair-it wasn't that.

I saw an opportunity to make a few quid and re-dress the balance- they were making fucking obscene amounts of money and paying me fuck all. Not a reason or excuse or a justification.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    An ex of mines uncle stole a penguin from the zoo in the 70's and kept it in the bath till his mam and dad found it-back to the zoo with that!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    When working in a Housewares/Furnishers who went bust the satff from the boss down half inched a hell of a lot including big rolls of carpet, suites, beds and Hi Fi & TV's and other gear. Seriously van loads of shit.

I wasn't really wanting to join in being only 16 and a bit green but the boss gave me a full set of Hi Fi seperates for helping him load a vanload or two of booty for him. He never told me that when I was loading the vans and he was punting it all on for profit and doing homers. Apart from the Hi Fi stuff I got bubkiss for unwittingly helping him out in his heist.

He and I then rationalised as part payment for lost and unpaid wages inc holiday pay etc.

No come backs on anyone and I subsequently found out that the bosses knew for a while and no inverntory and updates had been doen for ages so the receiver s ahd no clue what should have been there. I may have filled my boots had he shared this info with me at the time.

• I don't know, I mean is really that different to an MP fiddling their expenses?  
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    In a limited way yes it is and arguably as immoral.

But the old he without sin casting the first stone etc applies to the majority I would reckon.

In the eyes of the law taking a work pen or whatever is the same as taking a TV or summat as it is still being a tea leaf technically, as I undertand it anyway.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Brad Pitt War films.

:\">

• kossofffankossofffan Frets: 590
    edited December 2014
    Long time ago,
    One of our offices were having a sort out and a very large old solid wood cabinet (ex RAF Officers furniture) found its way into my Ford Granada. Now this was the last model hatchback version and it only just went in (with rear seats folded) with a quarter of an inch spare!
    Later on in the day I had to meet the MD at a hotel to look at the suitability of their function room for a works event. Afterwards on saying my goodbyes he mentioned that his Jag was in for a service and would I give him a lift home. 
    Oh shit i thought, anyway he kept stum about it till I pulled up outside his house when he said ( in his old English Oxbridge accent)
    ''Do you always travel around with large pieces of furniture in your car''
    Had to chuckle as i drove off and avoided him for the remainder of that week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to acquire goods left in by medical reps and sell on eBay. Stuff like tourniquets and USB drive packs go down well with medical and nursing students......and maybe those indulging in other less honest activities.....
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5138
    edited December 2014
    I stole money from my Mum's purse when I was a youngster to go play video games in the local arcade ('80's).

Never been proud of it, and since she died has been an occasional source of deep shame for me :(

*wanders off to bed, moderately depressed by my shameful behaviour as a child* :(
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    holnrew said:
    hobbio said:

She wins the most despicable thing in this thread award.
    For many reasons mate, but not the one above... :D

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread