Computer guys, how do I....

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5105
set my system to display emails or to avoid having to right click the mouse and select 'Open link in browser..'

PC running Windows 7, emails are dealt with using EmailTray.  Most emails are fine, the odd one needs to use the 'Open link in browser..' option.

Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16283

press button B caller!

press button B

tae be or not tae be
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    Thanks @hootsmon, but that fix only works on Vista....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Set default programme, in control panel somewhere.
    My V key is broken
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I know not this Email Tray of which you speak, but it sounds like you need to go into the options and get it to allow emails containing  HTML or something like that - basically if an email contains HTML then it is asking you to open a web browser, you need to set it so it displays the HTML itself. Maybe see if the help files mention anything about HTML?
  • what email program are you using?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    what email program are you using?
    A free download from http://www.emailtray.com/download.html.  The payment of a fee gives one additional features but I get by with the basic version. 

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• hmmm ... just had a look at that. tbh, not sure how I'd use it, but hey, I'm an old fashioned git ;)

what settings or preferences does it offer you about how to display stuff ... like always just plan text, or formatting html? does it have any toolbar menus - edit | preferences or options?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    hmmm ... just had a look at that. tbh, not sure how I'd use it, but hey, I'm an old fashioned git ;)

what settings or preferences does it offer you about how to display stuff ... like always just plan text, or formatting html? does it have any toolbar menus - edit | preferences or options?
    Very little if any of those questions @Phil_aka_Pip.  Perhaps I ought to ditch this program and/or upgrade?  Suggestions????  Thanks.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum