NGD My Funny Looking Strat with the 'Dodgy' relicing

What's Hot
tone1tone1 Frets: 5317
edited December 2014 in Guitar
I've had this a while now and I've only just put it down long enough to post a few pics!
I know when it was for sale on the forum it roused a few laughs and general derision about the relicing!
Well it's vibrates/resonates like a freight train and sounds like a piano and I love it so much that I even sold my much loved 50's Roadworn Strat as it wasn't getting a look in! I've got a Callaham complete bridge to fit but I'm in no rush to fit it because in not sure how it can improve the sound.
Ok now for the pics and I'm braced for the comments...it's just like when you meet a friend who's holding their new baby that's been hit with the ugly stick..never sure what to say.
P.s I've gone for neutral carpet background as anything highly decorative may be visual overload!
Cheers
Tone

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited December 2014
    I would go to Halfords and buy a tin of surf green and do a refinish.

It looks as if it's got a two piece body and if it plays as you say it does, it'll be worth it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    I think if anything all I'd do is maybe even out the 'wear' a bit on the front.
    A respray or a repaint might change the sound of it
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    DrBob said:
    I doubt it. 

I suppose the question is if you can live with it as it is. My temptation would be to strip it altogether and have it natural.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    was this in the classifieds a few months back ?
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    You pipped me to the post for this, I was offered it for a VERY good price but as I was at work I couldn't reply back quick enough, and you snagged it! Well done, I would have lived to own that!
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2014
    mrchi said:
    I would have lived to own that!
    Is there nothing else in life that can inspire you to push on?  Look at the blue skies, the beautiful flowers, the mewing of new born lambs..... there is literally so much else to live for dude.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    Wolfetone;437773" said:
    DrBob said:

I doubt it. 

I suppose the question is if you can live with it as it is. My temptation would be to strip it altogether and have it natural.
    I would say that having built up a couple of Partscasters to check fit & finish (and that they actually worked. ! )whilst they were at the bare wood stage, upon getting the painted bodies & necks back and doing the final assembly the finish did seem to have an impact on the sound of the guitar.
    Not like a night & day thing you understand but definitely something.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    I wouldn't be bothered by it. But then I play doom on some gypsys jewellery and a kahlered klingon weapon so what the fuck do I know. Play it to death, sweat on it and don't clean it and it'll soon look natural. Pretty sure I remember this one from OGG many years ago at about £1700 odd they were lovely and quite frankly I'd be more concerned about playing a guitar called the Angry Anus.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    randomhandclaps;437784" said:
    mrchi said:

I would have lived to own that!

Is there nothing else in life that can inspire you to push on?  Look at the blue skies, the beautiful flowers, the mewing of new born lambs..... there is literally so much else to live for dude.

Don't you tell me how to run my life, if I compare my reason for existence to owning a guitar by an angry Scottish man then I will!!

Lol bloody autocorrect always making me look a tit :-)
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5317
    edited December 2014
    Sorry @mrchi I will give you 1st refusal in the unlikely event I need to move it on as they will have to prise my rigamortised fingers from it first! (I may live to regret that last statement)
    I have had it a few months now but it was on classifieds for ages and I suppose no one bit because of the relicing but it's not as bad as Kenny Wayne Sheppards Strat! It looks bad in the photos but in the flesh it's great and not the bleached look that the photos give.