Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Clinton cards council estate xmas card

What's Hot

Whilst I appreciate it will be humorous to many, I think they could have thought it through a bit better. Then again on the back of 'benefit street', and other social experiment television programs, Mr Gideon Osborne has handed the sanctimonious a shotgun and introduced a season to shoot the underclass.

Full story : http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/07/clintons-cards-council-estate_n_6283270.html?ncid=webmail1

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Their head office was half a mile from me.
    My next door neighbors worked there for years and were laid off two years ago  because the boss drained the business and  they went into administration..
    Happy Christmas.
    Jumped up cunts.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2014

Personally I think that's pretty disgusting.

Considering Clintons was a company run into administration prior to being brought up cheap by US company American Greeting, so now like most big business despite liking the pound avoid full UK taxes maybe they shouldn't pass judgement on UK social morality.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2014

Double post weirdness.  I think the first may have got held up whilst it was being noted by the CIA.

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Somewhat tasteless and if I was a shareholder I'd want to see whoever let that see the day of light fired.
  • Evilmags said:
    Somewhat tasteless and if I was a shareholder I'd want to see whoever let that see the day of light fired.
    and not even as much fun as

Council House Barbie

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Shameless !!!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6327
    edited December 2014 tFB Trader
    Having grown up on a council estate with some of the most friendly, lovely people around, this card makes me angry. It's stuff like this that hinders social mobility and creates an "them and us" mentality that is bad for all.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Explains the "SANTA IS A GEORDIE" jumpers I've seen.
    My V key is broken
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    thorpy6 said:
    Having grown up on a council estate with some of the most friendly, lovely people around, this card makes me angry. It's stuff like this that hinders social mobility and creates an "them and us" mentality that is bad for all.
    I grew up on a council estate too, and it was it with some of the most friendly or lovely people around. They were all dole scum, drug dealers, tramps, bullies, viscous dogs and vicious kids.

The card made me guffaw. People need to stop being so fucking sensitive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    holnrew;438474" said:
    Explains the "SANTA IS A GEORDIE" jumpers I've seen.

You've just given me a game to play at Metrocentre today while I'm shopping/standing outside of shops with Wifey today.

I'll see how many I can spot.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Grew upon a Council Estate too , very funny and actually a lot more polite than it could have been , wife beating, syringes dog shit everywhere etc etc, to those that get offended ,, there are a lot more pressing things to be indignant about,,,,food banks for instance >
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I really can't believe all the hoohah surrounding this. Anyway, it's surely only those living on council estates and on benefits that can afford to buy Christmas cards in the first place. ;)

• Drew_fx said:
    thorpy6 said:
    I grew up on a council estate too, and it was it with some of the most friendly or lovely people around. They were all dole scum, drug dealers, tramps, bullies, viscous dogs and vicious kids.

Bit of a sweeping statement.Bit like all Jews are tight,all blacks are muggers,all Public School boys grow up to be Pedophiles.
    sweepy said:
    Grew upon a Council Estate too , very funny and actually a lot more polite than it could have been , wife beating, syringes dog shit everywhere etc etc, to those that get offended ,, there are a lot more pressing things to be indignant about,,,,food banks for instance >
    Yes ,your right.Of course a fair few of those going to food banks will be living in council estates.
  • Drew_fx said:
    thorpy6 said:

Bit of a sweeping statement.Bit like all Jews are tight,all blacks are muggers,all Public School boys grow up to become Pedophiles.
    sweepy said:
    Yes thats true.Of course a fair few living off food banks will come from Council estates,
  • Drew_fx said:
    thorpy6 said:

Bit of a sweeping statement.Bit like all Jews are tight,all blacks are muggers,all Public School boys grow up to be Pedophiles.
    sweepy said:
    Yes ,your right.Of course a fair few of those going to food banks will be living in council estates.
  • Drew_fx said:
    thorpy6 said:

Bit of a sweeping statement.Bit like all Jews are tight,all blacks are muggers,all Public School boys grow up to become Pedophiles.
    sweepy said:
    Yes thats true.Of course a fair few living off food banks will come from Council estates,
  • Fuck me.
    What happened then.
    It was like a bouncing bomb.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuss? The real issue is should Pixie Lott have been kicked off Strictly...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Fuss? The real issue is should Pixie Lott have been kicked off Strictly...

So people actually watch that? I thought it were an Urban Myth.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Fuss? The real issue is should Pixie Lott have been kicked off Strictly...
    I think Clinton's producing a card about it though might be a bit short-sighted from a purely business point of view.