Running shoes - what to get.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• When I went through my marathon running phase(madness) I used New Balance.

Get the shoes that are correct for your feet and running action.

Saves future pain and grief!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Hertz32 said:
    I'm a huge barefoot running fan, your foot is designed to work in a specific way when running; why do we keep trying to improve on that funcion by adding cushioning and support? It's counter intuitive as it typically leads to more injury!

I use a pair of Vivobarefoots, Vibram fivefingers are supposed to be very good too. 
    I shall allow you to research into barefoot running and shoes designed for it yourself though, up to you what you want to believe, and there are those who will argue both cases better than I ever could :) 
    This. I have some Merrel barefoot style trainers. I have gone round the park completely barefoot in the past too, but It's too embarrassing and tarmac and concrete shredded my soles.
    My V key is broken
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Hertz32 said:
    I'm a huge barefoot running fan, your foot is designed to work in a specific way when running; why do we keep trying to improve on that funcion by adding cushioning and support? It's counter intuitive as it typically leads to more injury!

I use a pair of Vivobarefoots, Vibram fivefingers are supposed to be very good too. 
    I shall allow you to research into barefoot running and shoes designed for it yourself though, up to you what you want to believe, and there are those who will argue both cases better than I ever could :) 
    HAHAHAHAHAH!

You don't wear them out in public I hope?

The Crocs of running shoes.