Thoughts RE: Riff of the Month

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    The wife has a Roland R-05 so I might try that out and see if I can make it work. TBH I'll probably end up getting a mic at some point anyway, so I suppose I just need to play with DI-ing into Ableton until I can mic into it instead.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    hobbio said:
    I can either use iRig into my iPad and use the GarageBand amps and fx,
    That's what got me started.

I've had various PC-based software and interfaces for years, as well as stand alone recording devices.  But never found them sufficiently easy or convenient to use.

The iPad is always there, instantly on, and there's no settings to tweak to get it all working.  Plug in, play, record.  I've done other stuff - like editing the recorded guitar and adding drum tracks - while on a train commuting to/from work, which is another real WIN for the iPad for me.

OK, so GarageBand is a bit limited/limiting, but other iApps (JamUp Pro) are much more capable whilst still being as easy and convenient ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbio;465671" said:
    I've been put off from submitting because my recording abilities are pretty poor and loads of the others sound so professional. 

I'm going to try to get an entry in for January though.
    I don't think it's really about that, although feedback on that can be very useful indeed! So you could improve your skills with it.

Mine are definitely not stellar, but it doesn't matter. I've got a Muse/ratm style riff coming this month, and it'll be recorded with either pod farm or a peavey bandit and a pedal or two at bedroom volume. Neither are excellent!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom