SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT - Swart AST - GONE TO A GOOD HOME

What's Hot
alanbass1alanbass1 Frets: 108
edited April 2015 in Amps £

Looking to trade my Swart AST, purchased new three years - home use only and in great condition (I can't see any marks.  It has the AST Pro NL back panel that let's you hook up an extension speaker and/or an attenuator.  Also, the amp is fitted with NOS tubes (Phillips 6L6's and GE 5881s) These are truly wonderful sounding amps with Reverb and Tremolo to die for.  The thing is that I also have a Lazy J 20 which is a very similar sounding amp so I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in trading for an EL84 equipped amp such as a Flynn 284 or Matchless Lightning.

GONE TO A GOOD HOME

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sale value?

• Hi, only looking to trade
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303

is this UK power or step down converter ?

• UK Power
  • alanbass1alanbass1 Frets: 108
    edited April 2015

OK, so I have taken some photo's.  The amp is currently fitted with a Celestion Alnico Blue which is a perfect match. Overall, this package  would cost around two grand new (amp £1,600, speaker £190, £110 for the NOS valves and back panel £100) and the amp is like new having careful home use only.

imageimage

I'm really looking for a combo around 15 to 20 watts but will consider heads and the following is on my list:

• Matchless Lightning
    • Matchless Nighthawk
    • Flynn 284
    • 65 Amps London
    • 65 Amps Lil Elvis
    • Morgan AC20 Deluxe
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 574
    Bump for a great amp. Was the Blue a tight squeeze?
  • chrisv said:
    Bump for a great amp. Was the Blue a tight squeeze?
    Not really as the magnet and the bell cover on the blue is a lot narrower, although longer.  The wider diameter magnet on the Mojo Tone speaker (which is approx. the same as a G12H magnet) just about cleared the amplifier section.  The blue with the bell cover fits into the AST cab really well and there is enough clearance for the in/out jacks of the back panel that allows for speaker out/easy attenuator hook up.  The main thing is the sound and the Celestion Blue just shines in this sort of amp - there is one fitted in my Lazy J 20 as well.
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 574
    Ah cool, thanks for the info. There's a G12H-30 Anniversary in mine right now and it sounds great but I'm still curious about trying a Blue...
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6329
    tFB Trader
    thats a beautiful amp and its a real shame you aren't selling it. Would you consider trades for guitars?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    I love the thought of these.

This is my favourite vid of them.

What's the clean headroom like?
    Clean headroom is very good with the combination of 5881 valves and a high efficiency speaker like the Celestion Blue.  I can get it to a real nice crunch and she cleans up nicely rolling the volume down to around 7 and keeps up with our (very) loud drummer, cutting through with no issues.  Otherwise, back off a little on the volume on the amp and she will remain clean with the guitar on full and it will take pedals exceptionally well to get crunch/overdriven sounds
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    PM'd
    edited April 2015

Almost traded for a Redplate but that didn't go through.  So thought I would put a little bump to see if there were any interest out there; prefer an EL84 based amp but would consider other interesting trades guitar or bass related. Also, I just revalved with a new set of NOS GEC 6v6GT power and 5751 Preamp tubes, with a new Sovtec 5AR4 rectifier

• BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 294
    I have a Lil Elvis and a 65 2x12 that I'm looking to move on. Any interest?
    edited April 2015

It's on the list....

• BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 294

Ah yes, sorry didn't spot the list.

PMd