NGD - my strat.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @ThePrettyDamned haha I just read that message, marriage ay why the hell not just be well aware, im a miserable lover and my manhood is just shameful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrchi said:
    @ThePrettyDamned haha I just read that message, marriage ay why the hell not just be well aware, im a miserable lover and my manhood is just shameful.
    That's okay, I can relate to both. I compensate by going on an online guitar forum. 

ALL THE DAMN TIME.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    ThePrettyDamned;460519" said:
    mrchi said:

That's okay, I can relate to both. I compensate by going on an online guitar forum. 

ALL THE DAMN TIME.
    Ha ha I thought I was the only one with the forum infliction!
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Aaaaannnd fixed it!

Ground wire in place (after finally getting the solder to take to the claw) and it's quiet and a very toneful guitar.

I'll see if I can bargain for a minute or two of loud noodling so I can stick a mic in front and demo. It sounds really damn good.

Also lubricated all points of contact (and found one that shouldn't be there - the low e makes contact with the fingerboard a bit, so I'll be filing a small notch there), and the tuning stability is very good. Not perfect - it won't dive bomb and return perfectly but it's fairly close, and I won't be using it for that anyway - just a bit of shimmer really. It's set to float, just a little bit, so it can do a very nice shimmery effect without any real effort.

I'm immensely proud. It sounds like a custom shop strat.
    You should be proud - it looks a million dollars as well. Actually, I'm not surprised it sounds so good - you took a high quality neck, a nice lightweight pine body, quality hardware e.g. Wudtone bridge, Oil City hand wound pickups, did a great job with the Wudtone finish, and then put it all together with care and attention to detail. Result - one great guitar, who would have thought it? :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You can hear it in action (well, POD Farmed) here 

Quite different to my usual style! I have to admit, I like the movement of that progression so I might turn that into a fully fledged song idea. 
  • Not one single humbucker? Pah! ;)
  • thomasross20;461036" said:
    Not one single humbucker? Pah! ;)
    Mate, the tones I'm getting from this have amazed me. It even made pod farm sound fairly decent! I'm looking forward to chucking a mic in front of the amp so you can really hear it.

I'll use the boss df-2 so you can hear some single coil angry noise ;)

And it's hum cancelling in 2 and 4 so it's quite versatile. It doesn't do my usual chug stuff, but my gspbasses prs does that...
  • Defo get some recordings then :) And use the @thomasross20 so I don't forget to check in! Interested to hear this!
  • @thomasross20 there already is one on the making music section. It's pod farm models, but it's not awful - which says a lot about the guitar!

Pod farm usually sounds quite nasty.
  • Aha - will check it later then :)
  • ;) =D>

• ;) =D>

Cheers man!