SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD :-) - Two Rock Studio Pro 50w Head + TR 2x12

What's Hot
thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1075
edited February 2015 in Amps £
Full stack currently taken off sale and deposit paid!

May trade for a Suhr, Tom Anderson, Charvel Guthrie Govan or Custom Shop Les Paul. Whatever it is would need to be worth at least £2k on the used market. I'm willing to courier them as I have the original boxes, but I will leave it to you to arrange (can be collected from the shop below me, so simple job).

Head (with Roqsolid cover) - £1550 ovno. 

Cab (with Roqsolid cover) - £525 ovno. 

Head and Cab w/covers - £2000 

I am selling my beloved Two Rock. Takes pedals very well, especially compared to my Twin Reverb.

Head is in excellent condition, with but one small dink. Cab has a few scratches on the back, otherwise very good condition. Comes with a Roqsolid covers, and the original cardboard boxes. New this would be £2948 + £60 for the covers.

Small Dink:

Cab Scuff:

Amp has done around 10 gigs with me, and a small handful with first owner Mick Taylor (Guitarist).

Some Reviews/demos:

Here's Mick Taylor demoing the 35w (he liked it so much he bought the 50w with 2x12, but downsized to an Exo 15 as he wasn't gigging with a big band anymore. He was gutted to see it go.) 

Neville Martyn review of 35w

50w

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice rig! What speakers are in the 2x12 and would you sell the cab separately?

Cheers

Chris
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1075
    edited January 2015
    Thanks Chris :-)

Speakers are a TR-12 65 and a K&M 12 65B (Manufactured by Eminence). Both are Two Rock branded.

I'll take £550 for the cab separately.
  • johnmontanajohnmontana Frets: 42
    edited January 2015
    Oh, man! I wanted this amp so bad last year!!! Ended up with a Dr.Z EZG 50... Would you sell the head separately? Cheers, John
  • Nevermind, just sw the post about selling the cab only :)
  • Hey John, Yeah, £1600 o.n.o for the head and it's yours :-)
  • Cool, cheers. Been waiting for TR 2x12 to come up for a while now, I'm using 1x12 at the moment, loaded with Celestion Creamback and it sounds great but doesn't move as much air as the 2x12! 

I'm still un-decided about selling my Coral at the minute - love the amp, but not playing many gigs at the moment, so thinking I need to swap for something smaller (like my old SP35 combo!). Although played a Tone King yesterday with attenuator and that gave me an idea - now looking for THD HotPlate instead of selling the Coral!
  • Could try pairing the Creamback with one of the speakers in the 2x12 and sell yours with a TR speaker in it? 

Attenuator could be the answer to your problems. What's the gain tone like on the Coral?
  • stottfoldstottfold Frets: 19
    edited January 2015
    Yeah good idea, will have a think over the weekend.

Gain tone is excellent on the Coral - I use it with Jan Ray or SOV-2 on clean channel, then switch to overdrive channel for further boost. EQ bypass is great too! This is a pretty good demo of the different tones on the Coral (overdrive at 3mins):

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2716
    edited January 2015
    I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but Stottfold but I'd be interested in your thoughts about the SP35 versus the Coral.  I really like the Coral overdrive sound in that clip but I'm looking for a more lightweight amp and the SP35 is one I'm considering.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • I've had the SP35 both as combo and head before getting the Coral. The combo was a great amp, although mine did suffer from a little valve rattle (possibly due to smaller cabinet). I then moved onto head and 1x12 for bigger sound.

The Studio Pro's are excellent amps, work best with pedals for overdrive and great for Mayer style tones. The Coral does everything the SP does but with ODS style cascading gain stage, works great with or without pedals. It's more like the Custom Reverb. They're both great amps though and SP will definitely not disappoint!
  • Thanks for your thoughts.  The Coral looks great but I'm really looking for something around 30lbs or less, and the SP35 is on the list of possibles.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Going to leave the 2x12 for now thanks. Need to save the cash while I debate attenuator for the Coral, or maybe getting smaller amp for home. Been reading up on Blues Cube today - looks like an interesting option! Also still considering any offers for Coral and 1x12.

All the best for selling the SP50 and 2x12 though - gonna be an amazing rig for someone!

Cheers
  • Thanks @stottfold. In fairness I'm debating keeping the cab for the Cornell I just got, the low end is incredible for an open backed cab. Tried a couple of others today and they we're as good. 

Decision, Decisions.

Good luck with the rig mate :-)
  • Cheers @thisisguitar.

Quick question - has the SP50 got the effects return/master vol on the rear panel? That's what I found really useful on my SP35 for playing at lower volumes. If so, how do you fancy a deal on the Coral! ;) Although I'm supposed to be reducing watts not increasing!
  • It has @stottfold. It's just a more powerful SP35, but in the larger head shell. 
  • I should mention that I've just bought a '71 Silverface Fender Twin and a Cornell 45/50, so my plans are to go with a two amp setup. Hence a Two Rock has become a redundant idea for me. If I'm not happy with this approach I'll likely go back to pedals and get either a vintage Hiwatt or a Reeves.
  • Cool ok, no problem - just saw your purchase of the Cornell Plexi, that's gonna be great setup with the Twin!

Cheers
  • I'm sure my body will punish me suitably for taking on this daft endeavour… but I've never tried it before, and it seems to make more sense than trying to get both sounds from one amp.

Feel free to quote this at me when I start bitching on here during the summer gig season ;-) 
  • Bumpity - Head only up for sale now. Decided I'm keeping the cab.
  • Part-ex? Got two guitars on sale here...