SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Banjos x 3 (5 string, plectrum and banjolele), Mandolin (electric, telecaster style)

What's Hot
paganskinspaganskins Frets: 277
edited January 2015 in Guitars £
I'm having a bit of a rationalise and clear out. Some instruments and bits I've bought to try out or with good intentions to use which aren't seeing any use, or instruments I acquired to use when recording my EP last year.

Loads of pics of everything in this photo bucket album.

SOLD First up one of Dave White's handmade Da Foite mandolins, £450 inc P&P plus any paypal fees. New these are £1200+. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 277
    edited January 2015
    SOLD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    SOLD
    edited January 2015
    BOSS OC-3 SOLD
    edited January 2015
    A thomann electric telecaster style mandolin.

Excellent condition, still has plastic film on the scratch plate etc. I've shimmed the neck so it has super low action. These are rebadged under various makes and go up to £200 though the thomann version is only £75 for the same thing.

£50 posted including gig bag plus any paypal fees.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    A couple of US made derring good time banjos:

Deering Goodtime 'Classic' Banjo

Excellent, unmarked, near new condition the only issue is they seem to fret and fit the nut before lacquering these so the lacquer flakes off the nut and frets (but not the wood) like this:

£300 £275 inc P&P plus any paypal fees.

Secondly an older but still excellent condition Deering Goodtime Deering Goodtime 2 Plectrum Banjo. 

In excellent condition apart from light tarnishing to the metal parts and some superficial marks to the head.

The newer versions of these have the inlaid bow tie inlays but otherwise are the same spec I believe.

£300 £275 posted plus any paypal fees.
    edited January 2015
    SOLD
  • And the last one on the block a handmade/homemade mandolin by Headford – these were a little cottage factory operation and sold through eBay, nice enough but obviously homemade on closer scrutiny finish wise.

£150 posted plus any paypal fees etc.

There's a small nick on the headstock edge and it took a knock on its way to me and has a damaged edge where the strap button was knocked out – it's a clean break and I have the piece of wood which chipped off – should be an easy fix with wood glue and touch-up-able to near invisible if you're so inclined.

There's more pics here 
    edited January 2015
    A couple of US made derring good time banjos:

Deering Goodtime 'Classic' Banjo

£300 £275 inc P&P plus any paypal fees.

Secondly an older but still excellent condition Deering Goodtime Deering Goodtime 2 Plectrum Banjo. 

In excellent condition apart from light tarnishing to the metal parts and some superficial marks to the head.

£300 £275 posted plus any paypal fees.

Price drop on these two to £275 each posted, checking prices Eagle are selling them new about £50 cheaper than I thought so re-price accordingly
  • Bump on these, just the three banjos left though it looks like the telecasteresque mandolin sale has fallen through :(
  • A thomann electric telecaster style mandolin.

Excellent condition, still has plastic film on the scratch plate etc. I've shimmed the neck so it has super low action. These are rebadged under various makes and go up to £200 though the thomann version is only £75 for the same thing.

£50 posted including gig bag plus any paypal fees.
    Available again