Nooooooooooo ! (yet another unimaginative TV reboot)

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 526
    I used to love the x-files but I just can't get excited about this.  It's too long since it finished and, if the last film is anything to go by, the magic isn't there anymore.

That said, if they do it I'll watch it and I imagine that a lot of old fans will as well which I guess is what they're after.  Still a huge "Meh" from me though.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 935
    Would rather see GIllian Anderson do more of The Fall. That was excellent. And she is a lovely looking lady to boot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I think it's great news! I loved Davey boy in Californication, Gill is still hot, I have fond memories of the original series, there's tons of modern day spook cover-up conspiracy type stuff they can reference / draw from - what's not to like?
    All practice and no theory
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I'm watching X-Files through now; haven't seen it all the way through before. When I was a kid I only saw the odd episode. I'm half way through season 5.

All throughout ... there are episodes which basically never needed to be made. The ufo/alien storyline is interesting... the supernatural teacher that is killing kids, not so much. The stupid nerd convention one I saw the other day... that's 45minutes of my life I wont get back.

It can be quite hit and miss. Thus... don't really care about a new season.
  • I don't think it'll be a reboot - I can't see how they could start again, especially with the original cast (unless they were just handing off to another crew). 
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    I watched it up to about Series 4 I think.

Never got round to the ones after that.

Did Mulder ever find his sister?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    To be fair I see a reboot as the show with totally different actors etc if Duchovny and Anderson are in it, I'll be well chuffed!
  • Drew_fx;484175" said:
    I'm watching X-Files through now; haven't seen it all the way through before. When I was a kid I only saw the odd episode. I'm half way through season 5.

All throughout ... there are episodes which basically never needed to be made. The ufo/alien storyline is interesting... the supernatural teacher that is killing kids, not so much. The stupid nerd convention one I saw the other day... that's 45minutes of my life I wont get back.

I've started watching the series again but missing out the "monster of the week" episodes so I can concentrate on the main story. A quick google shows which episodes are what.
    I hope they continue with Duchovny and Anderson, I'd definitely watch it.
  • Drew_fx;484175" said:

I've started watching the series again but missing out the "monster of the week" episodes so I can concentrate on the main story. A quick google shows which episodes are what.
    I hope they continue with Duchovny and Anderson, I'd definitely watch it.
  • gusman2x said:
    GIllian Anderson ... is a lovely looking lady
    wis for that!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • The monster of the week episodes were always the best ones from the x files!

If anyone wants a similar but more modern show, check out Fringe. It's sort of JJ Abrams does the xfiles. It's a bit ropey at the start but well worth watching.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Reboot the wrong word, I meant rehash. 

Hope Duchovny and Anderson are being paid millions.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • UnclePsychosis;484404" said:
    The monster of the week episodes were always the best ones from the x files!

If anyone wants a similar but more modern show, check out Fringe. It's sort of JJ Abrams does the xfiles. It's a bit ropey at the start but well worth watching.
    Fringe is excellent until the last season when it seriously jumped the shark.

Anna Torv is extremely fanciable.