This is a guitar forum, so here's a question about mobile phone contracts

What's Hot

I'm now eligble for an upgrage on my phone. So I logs in to my Orange account, click on upgrade, get two options 3G with orange, or 4G with EE. So I clicks 4G EE. I go through all the bundle options, choose phone, check basket ... and see this message ...

"this will be a new contract with EE, existing contracts from Orange will continue".

does this mean that I'll be getting a new phone number, and that my Orange contract will stay active, and presumably cost me money. Unless I then ring Orange to cancel it? What a faff.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    I'm guessing that you keep your existing number but you start a new contract.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    edited October 2013
    Just contact them via phone / email and ask directly.  FWIW I hate that kind of wording too, it doesn't really explain much if it literally ends the information there.
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    Aye. I did an on-line chat with with an EE bod (Sally her name was). She said that the link I'd followed was for new customers not upgrades, so she sent me the correct link. Which of course took me to the page I'd used the first place ... ffs.

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• wibblewibble Frets: 1141
    You will keep your number and move onto an EE contract (if you want to go 4G), all the transfer stuff will happen automatically if you choose this upgrade path.

You can do your upgrade through the online chat system if you want to ask them questions about your options.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    wibble said:
    You will keep your number and move onto an EE contract (if you want to go 4G), all the transfer stuff will happen automatically if you choose this upgrade path.

You can do your upgrade through the online chat system if you want to ask them questions about your options.

have a wisdom.

want another? What about the old Orange contract, will that cancel autimatically at the same time?

Yep it will cancel as you are transferring to a new 24 month contract with EE.

If you want to save some money, it might be worth your while trawling through topcashback/quidco and see if there are any cashback offers with EE, and if you definitely want to go EE also check 3rd party upgrade paths eg Carphone Warehouse and go via them. Might be more cashback as I know for a fact the networks give CPW incentives for getting upgrade customers.

oh and if you've not signed up to topcashback yet, try this referral link...

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/psxguru

;)

• What phone are you upgrading from? My wife got £175 back from phones 4U which paid her out of her existing contract and towards a new phone.

iPhone 5s ... from an iPhone 3s

• Ok the 3S probably isn't worth that much these days. My wife's was a 4S
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd avoid EE personally.
    My V key is broken
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Ok the 3S probably isn't worth that much these days. My wife's was a 4S
    You can still get £200+ for those.
    My V key is broken