SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Digitech Whammy 5 - SOLD. To a man.

HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23193
edited January 2015 in FX £

This is what a real 5th gen Whammy looks like. Mmmmmm. Pitchshifting goodness. Super-duper minty fresh, boughted, tried it, liked it a bit, now I need a new motherboard and CPU so goodbye Whammy, gooooooooooodbyeeeeeeeeeeeee. 

£86 via PPG with UPS delivery. 

Yeah. Pictures up in ten minutes after the camera's had time to charge.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gosh darn it I only orderd one of these yesterday! alas.

Good Luck with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    What's it like with chords? I'm looking for a baritone in a pedal - I think the digitech drop should do this but it's the next generation on. How do you find the whammy 5? Don't need an octave but need 4 or 5 semitones without lots of glitching. Cheers!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    Who else wanted one?

@randomhandclaps or @thisisguitar ?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I have one dude :-) Thanks for the thought!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    edited January 2015
    It means a new psu for me @GavHaus

I would love one but I am not sure how much I would use.

I am guessing trades are out if you need a mobo @Heartfeltdawn
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • @svejk It does chords very well indeed. GavHaus said that it's not as glitchy as the v4 and I'd agree with that. 

@meltedbuzzbox Sadly I do. I need to step up from AMD FX6 to i7. I managed to zonk my system for the first time the other day which irked me.  

• how come you need an i7 bud?

I think this will work better for me than my MO-2 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I was running five instances of Sugar Bytes's Egoist, two going through pitchshifters, one going through Crystalizer, one going through Echoboy, and the CPU was at max and the crackles were not cool. I've got am FX6-6300 in there and it's obviously slow compared to the i7-3610QM in the laptop. 

Dad has a need for a new computer as the Athlon X2 I built him five years ago running Xp needs upgrading so the idea is to build him one using my motherboard/CPU/Memory/fan, he'll pay the going rate for all of that as it's about 15 months old, and I'll use that money and other stuff raised from sales to build my i7. 

I'll go i7-4790 for the CPU, still checking out prices and possibilities regarding the motherboard (Z97, needs to have a low DPC latency), keep on with Windows 7 and 32-bit as there are some older synth plugs that can't be bridged to work on a 64-bit system. and go from there. 

• ahhh I see, you are using it properly then ;-)

Shame that you have to stick to x86. 

I will be back to shortly on the whammy.If I can get it on my board I think I will go for it. 
  • I don't think going to 64-bit would offer me much. I don't work with big sample libraries and there isn't really any advantage in terms of speed with 64-bit over 32-bit for audio from what I've seen. It'd also mean shelling out for Windows 7 64-bit too so I'll wait. 

• yeah the main benefit is the actual OS/background services and utilising multiple cores better etc

Would you actually notice a difference? Probably not. 

• pm'd btw
  • I love it when a plan comes together
  • GavHaus said:
    I love it when a plan comes together
    It might involve a hammer and a drill
  • Worth noting that the 5 is a good deal smaller than the 4
  • GavHaus said:
    Worth noting that the 5 is a good deal smaller than the 4
    huzzah!