SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Fender Pro Jr.

It feels like a broken record but I've been searching for a decent example of a Pro Jr. for ages now. Feelers out there.. anyone looking to sell? Tweed would be perfect but not absolutely essential...

London based, cash waiting
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Calling @Camf.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1203
    Mine went to a very happy home last year... but as @Richardj will confirm, it might have been one of the best Pro Jrs available in this country. :)
  • @richardj @camf you both got me overly excited seeing 2 replies to the thread... they're like gold dust at the moment...
    I'm looking for another one myself and they are indeed like rocking horse doo doos.  A bit worried that new might be the only option.
  • @richardj I know the feeling, I just know one will come up used for a very reasonable priced the moment i pull the trigger on a new one. the only ones ive played have been old ones.. not sure how they compare to the latest v3 in stores now?
  • solarsolar Frets: 174
    edited February 2015
    I have a 1994 USA-made tweed Pro Junior that's just had a full service, new tubes, re-biased, solder reflowed, etc. I've been vaguely considering selling it on in favour of something a bit quieter. But I'd need some serious tempting.. I've got seller's remorse already and it's not even gone yet! ;)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Fender UK have none apparently (according to Hartnolls) re-stock expected next month.  Probably mean s/h ones will keep their value a lot longer ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    If you can live with the colour this http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/Guitars/Electric-guitar-amps/Fender-FSR-Pro-Junior-III-PC-Plum-Crazy/art-GIT0028745-000 one is a bargain price for a new one. Free shipping too.
  • I've just been in Dawsons in Liverpool and I'm pretty sure I saw one in there.
  • solar said:
    I have a 1994 USA-made tweed Pro Junior that's just had a full service, new tubes, re-biased, solder reflowed, etc. I've been vaguely considering selling it on in favour of something a bit quieter. But I'd need some serious tempting.. I've got seller's remorse already and it's not even gone yet! ;)
    PM'd!
  • Richardj said:
    If you can live with the colour this http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/Guitars/Electric-guitar-amps/Fender-FSR-Pro-Junior-III-PC-Plum-Crazy/art-GIT0028745-000 one is a bargain price for a new one. Free shipping too.
    I did peruse that exact one.. not sure if I could live with it. Although, it may look better in the flesh? Any thoughts on whether the newer v3 are any better than the older versions? 
    They are supposed to have addressed the couple of issues that the previous models had, tube rattle and hum/hiss.  It wasn't on all of them however, my one didn't suffer from either of these issues. Unfortunately it is a bit pot luck.  In a weird way I don't mind the Plum Crazy model, I think it looks OK with the basket weave grill.   Not helping my inner GAS demons :) .
  • Richardj said:
    They are supposed to have addressed the couple of issues that the previous models had, tube rattle and hum/hiss.  It wasn't on all of them however, my one didn't suffer from either of these issues. Unfortunately it is a bit pot luck.  In a weird way I don't mind the Plum Crazy model, I think it looks OK with the basket weave grill.   Not helping my inner GAS demons :) .
    I do like the grille cloth, just not sure the plum will age well!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    There's a gag in there somewhere about the ageing of plums, but I'll rise above it ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • still looking for one! 
  • Hi Bigfuzz - I'm a noob on this forum, still trying to find my way around but I'm currently looking to possibly replace my Blues Jnr its an early-ish yellow board model - recently re-tubed & serviced by Essex Amps - happy to discuss
    5 fingers, 6 strings - huh?
    That's the Blues rather than a Pro though?
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    There's one on eBay at the minute
    We are all Chameleons...
  • Yup Blues Jnr, not the wee Pro - my bad
    5 fingers, 6 strings - huh?
  • Pro is the one sadly, seen the one on the bay.. I want to pick up local really.. bad experience with shipping amps in un-tested...