CPP Mis-Selling and Compensation.

Anyone else had a policy from these and received the 1st notification?

It seems they have been rumbled for the aforementioned. They will send out a second notification regarding the vote for who wants to be considered for compensation in the next few weeks.

To be honest it was that long ago when I took out my first Policy with them that I can't even remember HOW it was sold to me other than it was sold when I rang to activate a card or something.

I have Card Protection and Identity Protection with them, I know some of you may think it's a waste of time but what I do know is that fear sells and that's probably why I purchased it in the first place.

I like to be covered in certain eventualities, a bit like insuring your gear I suppose.

Anyone else have this letter and use or have used this Company?

Thanks.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    Yep, you've reminded me.  I got two letters about this.  I didn't use them but my mum did.  She died nearly a year ago, I don't know if I can claim on her behalf.

• @Grunfeld

Sorry to hear that.

Not sure about that issue, I had a quick look through the FAQ's but could not see anything addressing that.

You said "You" got 2 letters. Where they addressed to your name or was it an occasion where a company hadn't realised of your Mum's passing and was addressed to her.

Daft question, but it happens doesn't it?

It depends on the name on the Policy I guess, but worth following up.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    @Bellycaster

Two letters cos my mum had two policies (she had Alzheimer's and made more than a few errors like this before I took over her finances).  So the policies were in her name but cos I was executor I guess that's why they had to write to me.

I should look into it.  Hopefully I'll pull my finger out!  But I'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned it, so that's a start for me! :)
  • @Grunfeld

Ahhh, yes, a bit dim of me there. Definitely worth looking into though.

:)
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Yes got a letter said I will hear more in about 12 weeks

• ftumchftumch Frets: 697
    I got two letters for two seperate policy's I had, filled em in and sent em off. From what I remember the cost of them was bugger all anyway so even if I do get recompensed I'm not expecting much.
  • Ianpdq said:
    Pretty much exactly the same as this - so waiting to hear what happens next. It was so long ago I had this though - it will be interesting to see if I get anything back at all. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Ianpdq said:
    Yep, me too - not holding my breath!
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    I've had one too. I also had Santander contact me a while back for a credit card I had with them a while back. I was offered 75p !!!
    I don't know which firm my mum used but she got almost £4000 ! (That's one badly sold mortgage) they did take about a grand for fees and VAT.