Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Eeek!! Have you got mice?

What's Hot

Comments

• Tigger presented me with a mouse last night on the back step (looked very pleased with himself too!)
    Oh yes! Gibson appeared as pleased as pie when he came home carrying a mouse. I used to thank him for the thought.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    edited February 2015
    VimFuego said:
    there is no way on Earth that is deckers van. It is clearly capable of motion.

it's rolling down a hill

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    Ah, I got them too. Got a few with peanut butter then it went quiet... But they're back again. One backed out of a crevice the other morning, straight into trap, which snapped down on his pelvis. I was just leaving for work and didn't have time to dispatch him so the poor thing dragged the trap round the kitchen floor all day.

I'd had some peanut butter traps out for a few days and I spilled some Bran Flakes dust on the floor late one evening. I'm such a procrastinator I left it and went to bed. Next morning I reached for the brush and dustpan and it was gone. Right, you bastards, I'll have you now I thought. So I sprinkled the peanut butter bait with a lovely topping of tasty and crunchy Bran Flakes and laid a trail leading up to the trap, cartoon-style... The'd cleaned up the crumbs but hadn't touched the bait! Outwitted by a creature with a brain the size of a pea.
  • Rat and mouse poison ( where the dog can't get) and try to block up any holes. We had mice in the kitchen and our JR just stared at them.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    scrumhalf said:
    I had some unwanted visitors a couple of years ago.

Peanut butter as bait on a real bastard of a mousetrap did the trick.
    Mice or in-laws?
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16280

So there I was asleep in bed last night, it was about 1:30am and I was basking in a post masturbatory glow. Anyhoo I heard a rustling from under the bad. Balls I thought to myself, the dog must have snuck out of his cage. So I fumble for the light switch and turn it on, only to see a small grey streak of something dive for a gap in the skirting board.

I guess we've got A mouse, but then again if I've seen 1 it probably means we've got 50, that means its trapping time. So as a guitarist what is your favourite mouse trap bait? Cheese like in cartoons or something crazy like peanut butter & raisins?

By the way I'm trapping to kill not catch & release. Fuck 'em they're only mice.

(do we want pictures?)

:)
    tae be or not tae be
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    edited February 2015
    The war has begun. I bought a couple of traps on the way home and set them earlier this evening. Loaded with chocolate and peanut butter I've just checked them at 10pm and found them bait-less and unfired. Grrrrrr 0-2 to the mice. Though one did go off on my thumb as I picked it up 0-3. Reset traps, wedged the bait in so that they'll have to pull it harder to get, and set the trigger point lower. Game on!!!

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• JadenJaden Frets: 251
    dude I live in the country and if you aint got mice its cos you only just killed em all... ive also had rats but I tend to stay on top of it.

little nipper traps are the best, baited with chocolate or cheese.  set them almost like a hair trigger.

you can poison them but sometimes they die and stink (not always) and you will get flies.

I didnt get them until my cat died, I need another cat.
    Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

• ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 643
    Peanut butter in one of those battery operated traps that electrocute them worked for me. My terrier is also brilliant at locating them. We've had them in the garage twice and the dog soon roots them out making it easy to put the trap in a " hotspot"
  • Col_Decker;33656" said:
    So there I was asleep in bed last night, it was about 1:30am and I was basking in a post masturbatory glow. Anyhoo I heard a rustling from under the bad. Balls I thought to myself, the dog must have snuck out of his cage. So I fumble for the light switch and turn it on, only to see a small grey streak of something dive for a gap in the skirting board. I guess we've got A mouse, but then again if I've seen 1 it probably means we've got 50, that means its trapping time. So as a guitarist what is your favourite mouse trap bait? Cheese like in cartoons or something crazy like peanut butter & raisins? By the way I'm trapping to kill not catch & release. Fuck 'em they're only mice. (do we want pictures?)
    For some reason I red the 2 bold words as the other way round...prob the spelling mistake made me parse it badly?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    In our first house, it was one Xmas and I knocked over a bowl of little round wrapped chocolates just as I was rushing to work. Came back in the evening and the 20 chocs were no longer on the floor. I thought that mrs A had moved them, but when said she hadn't seen them we were both very puzzled and thought that maybe a kid had snuck in the back door at some point and nicked them. 2 days later I found them all in a little 'nest' in the cupboard under the stairs. Some mouse had rolled them all in there! I wanted to move to a new house at some point, but mrs A wasn't keen. Then one day she found a dead mouse on the floor and that was it, house on the market a day later! I fancy moving again now, so does anyone have a spare dead mouse?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're using the bigger traps, watch your fingers as you won't be able to play or type.... or masturbate!
  • Checked the traps this morning. All bait gone, 1 trap fired, no dead mouses.

0-5

FFS

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I work in an office that is a converted part of an otherwise still operational barn on a small farm estate...and this is something of a hot topic for us at the moment, as we have gone from our usual "critters running around on the roof/ inside the ceiling" to them actually appearing in our office for the first time in memory.

We've had a couple now, one of which turned up the following morning as a corpse floating in the toilet...must have fancied a swim but couldn't get out again afterwards.

Below is the email my colleague sent to our gaffer:

"I am happy to say we have captured one of the little bastards. (see pic attached).

I have tried water boarding him, as to establish  where all of his brothers and sisters are. Unfortunately the volume of water was just too much for his little mouse like lungs and he has now drowned.  

This is a small victory in the LONG  battle to come!"

• last year I watched 2 mice get into the garden from under next doors fence(they have decking so no doubt the mice are under that) jump through a gap on the electric fence and steal chicken food, they did this half a dozen times it was chuffing awesome to watch.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12879
    Col_Decker;509416" said:
    Checked the traps this morning. All bait gone, 1 trap fired, no dead mouses. 0-5 FFS
    Try the trip-trap humane traps instead. Worked for us a while back. Amazingly our two cats didn't catch the little sods that were living under the washing machine even though they regularly bring in dead meeces from the garden.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    Humane trap and peanut butter
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16465
    last year I watched 2 mice get into the garden from under next doors fence(they have decking so no doubt the mice are under that) jump through a gap on the electric fence and steal chicken food, they did this half a dozen times it was chuffing awesome to watch.
    having seen how excited ours got whenever a small rodent went near them that was one brave mouse. Seeing an eeeking mouse being swallowed alive by the top hen is a sight that will stay with me forever.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    We got rid of mice by using a plug-in gadget from B&Q which emits a high-frequency sound which only mice (allegedly) can hear, and don't like. 

The mice have not been back for over 2 years now, so it seems to have worked.  However we don't have any pets so I can't say for certain that it doesn't affect cats or dogs.