SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

various bits and pieces

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085
edited October 2013 in Guitars £
I've got a pile of old guitars that aren't worth a whole lot collectively, let alone individually, but I'm happy to take some pictures if anyone's interested in some (or all) of them.

the list includes:

a Japanese acoustic guitar body, no neck or bridge attached - £5

a 12 string acoustic which has a letter sellotaped to it claiming that the guitar was made by Julian Breem (it has the intials JB badly scratched in the back, so it must be true) it's missing a tuner and even though it's not been tuned the action looks alarmingly high ;) - £15

a Charvette body and neck (not sure I have the pickups/tuners etc.) which I stripped, reshaped and added a flame maple veneer to the top, but never got round to finishing - £25

a Washburn neck, very tatty, needs refretting as someone (not me) made a right mess of the frets that are on there. - £10

a Westone Thunder 1-A (the pots/switch/jack probably need replacing, but IIRC the preamp works) - the paintwork on the body is a mess and needs finishing - £50

there will no doubt be some more bits and pieces to follow as I start to clear out my workshop :)
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    where are you located?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085
    Northampton.
  • RichRich Frets: 18
    edited October 2013
    Some pics of the Epiphone LPJ would be lovely, please. Is it a P90 or humbucker model? And what colour? Would you consider posting this stuff, or is it pickup in person only? Ta!
    edited October 2013
    I'll sort out some pics tomorrow (need batts. for my camera) - it's got humbuckers in it.

No problem to post at cost, which might well be more than some of the stuff is worth ;)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28422
    Very tempted by the Westone and the Epi LP Jr (and who knows what else as your workshop gets cleared out!).

Scarily, I'll be passing by Northampton tomorrow evening.  I'll PM some details ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edit - the Epi LP junior has a single humbucker, looks like a grubby/scuffed up version of this:

the 12 string (after actually looking at it) is branded "The Hawk" which a quick Google suggests was made in East Germany, probably not by Julian Breem, even if he did scratch his initials in it ;)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Very interested in the Charvette, some pics would be great :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    will do - I neglected to mention (because I hadn't looked at it for many years) that it's got a red stain on it that's waiting to be sanded back, which might limit the buyer's colour options ;)
    imageimage

there might be a box of bits somewhere with a bridge and maybe even some or all of the pickups, whatever I can find will be included, but at the point all I can say for sure that I have is what you see in the pic - the frets are pretty tidy on the neck, which is a bonus !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    cavity covers and screws found for the Westone ;)
    one bump and then I'll move them on elsewhere . . .