Right now I am.....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited March 2015

Sitting writing this in the sunshine relaxing and listening to Warren Zevon. I should wash my bed sheets though and do the washing and washing up.  I haven't changed the bed for 4 months and I've been recycling my old work trousers.  The dishes in my sink have their own ecosystem going on.  My bed, it stinks.  The projects from two years ago, still sit on the table.  I still do have a supply of new underpants and socks left thanks to considered shopping planning whilst in the USA.  Nobody told me adult life would be so easy...erm..hard.

Probably be another normal Saturday when not working, Skip breakfast,, skip lunch, have a couple of generic cornettos and crash about an hour after the sky suddenly turns overcast and wake up at 3am tomorrow to struggle to go to bed again, then feel like shit on Sunday and try and drink it off and play guitar, then do two hours garden maintenance, before going back to work again Monday, without having fully recharged or done my washing or changed my bed...again.

Oh why am I so shyte at self discipline when it doesn't involve getting paid to do stuff for others.  It'd be OK if I had mental health problems, but I think I'm just extremely lazy and enjoy the small things too much.

I think it's because I'm pragmatic, afterall, the bed will only get filthy again, so what is the point in wasting energy trying to delude myself that I am closer to god.

Manana.

Fuck it, think I'II have a beer.

Did want to route some dovetail though.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25492
    .....aaallllmmmmmmmmossst tthhhherrrrrrrrre
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085
    currently playing some bass with my dodgy finger :)

having had the bandages removed I thought I'd see how easy it would be to play without using my little finger, which led to "can I hold down a string with my strapped up finger?" and then to "how much can I do?" which seems to be quite a bit :)

It feels weird due to the slight loss of sensation but it's not impossible to play, so I'll check with my hand therapy lady as to how much playing I should or shouldn't do.

My only current band is a just for fun and nights out kind of thing and they've got the original bass player standing in for however many gigs I can't manage, so I shan't be rushing back, but it's nice to know that I'm not going to have to give up altogether :)

Still going to be a while before I can play a guitar though (the strings being that bit closer together will snag the strapping).
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    edited March 2015

OK, I decided to take the non-alcoholic, personal hygiene option. 

An hour in and I've shaken the dust out approximately two thirds of my work clothes and underpants, ready for the washing machine, one load on already and my wrist are killing me.  I think I've done 472 shakes so far.

This is great, is this what facebook is like, if only I wasn't so regular, I could have commented on my bowel movements this morning. 

Am gonna get those dovetails done at some point this weekend though.

Hey hey...and I checked the weather forecast, the British weather is about as predictable, banal and miserable as I am.  Sure enough we are on borrowed time as it is supposed to get overcast soon, before rain tonight and tomorrow

Hey man, why is no one giving me massive wows.  I'm washing my underpants.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    recovering from 3 hours of very intense judo. Not intense because of the throwing, but learning the rules of the competition that my club is entering and how to referee.  
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Wondering why I ache so much.
    My V key is broken
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
    eating peanut butter and marmalade sandwiches,whilst browsing here and watching some gran turismo 6 replays.

i know how to live me ;-) 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Sambostar said:
    Hey man, why is no one giving me massive wows.  I'm washing my underpants.

Cos real men go commando.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited March 2015
    Cracking open another cider.

About to start S03 of House Of Cards with miss d8m.

Later I shall finally decide what to treat myself to with the recently gained GAS fund money(booze will help here, I may even list my options in a thread and put it to a vote!)

All in all life is good :)

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Emp_Fab said:
    .....aaallllmmmmmmmmossst tthhhherrrrrrrrre
    Go on lad, you can do it.......................

Finish that flooring !

;)
    I am now drying my underpants
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Carpet cleaning... big machines
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    on the toilet with the squits but thanks for asking.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    I am now off the toilet.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25492
    Waiting for my home-made fresh pasta garlic mushroom ravioli to dry a bit before I can cook them, and cuddling a snoring pug on my lap.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."