SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Box for shipping a Delta Blues 210

LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
edited May 2015 in Amps £
Hi guys,

Recently sold my Peavey Delta Blues 210 to @richh and I need to ship it out to him.

I thought we'd have a suitable box at work (hence why I agreed to courier it), but it turns out our box sizes are way off.
They're all miles too big.
I've toyed with the idea of cutting one down to size, but the sizes of the boxes doesn't make that easy, and I think it'd end up being a bit flimsy.
I don't want to take any chances, as you can imagine.

So, I was just wondering if anyone had something that may be suitable for shipping an amp in?
Clutching at straws here, but hopefully a fellow Fretboarder could come to the rescue.
I'm happy to pay for the box.. I just want to ship the amp ASAP as I don't like making people wait too long.

Don't have the exact dimensions of the amp to hand, but I'll measure it tonight.

Cheers,
Lew
Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    where are you? i've got a laney rb1 box here
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    You could ask a guitar shop, I usually do in this situation. Helps if you buy something as a gesture ie strings.
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Ah yes, forgot to mention I've tried my local music shops @jimmyguitar - no luck :(
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I've shipped quite a few large items now, i found a few packaging places near me in Leicester that sell a variety of cardboard boxes , foam corners, bubble wrap etc..

The last boxes i used for a Fender Twin cost £1.10 each

• dcgdcg Frets: 248
    Pass by any shopping parade - preferably one containing a white goods shop - at close of business, and take the masses of corrugated cardboard lying around outside. I ship amps and guitars all the time, and simply recycle corrugated cardboard from others. Buy plenty of cheap parcel tape at your local car boot, put some time into packing the item how you'd like to receive that amp yourself, and you're in the frame.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Didn't know you were willing to ship..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.