SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Leicester? Bass?

horsehorse Frets: 1568
Raw country rock with soul?

We just need a bass player to complete the lineup. Original material with plenty of potential.

Give it a go!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5137

Got a link to some of your music?

I'm not a bass player, but I can tell you for damn sure that I'd never consider joining a band until I had some idea of whether they were (or had the potential to be) any good. Too many people who talk better than they play...

Best of luck though, now might be just the right time to be doing country rock...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Yes, I think most people end the word Leicester with a question mark now. As in Leicester? Really? 8-X
    If you haven't done so try on Basschat, as a forum not a lot happening but the one thing they do have is bassists.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Lol. Hadn't realised I had been talking it up! I've only just joined the band myself so the demos don't feel like mine to share, but obviously we wouldn't expect anyone to come along without taking a listen first (and putting in some prep)... 

Quality is subjective, but I've just left a band which played camden bar fly, the borderline, upstairs @ the garage, decent festivals etc last year, and I'm excited by the prospects with these new guys.

basschat is a good suggestion ta - just getting started on the search, and you never know where you find people.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    will trade you for a good drummer :D
  • geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    Can recommend @horse as one of the most intuitive musicians I have ever met. If he's in a band, I'd recommend joining it as it will be quality regardless of a lack of demo, just jump in! 

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5137
    Can recommend @horse as one of the most intuitive musicians I have ever met. If he's in a band, I'd recommend joining it as it will be quality regardless of a lack of demo, just jump in! 

High praise. Now I kinda wish I was a country rock bassist. Even more better luck searching.

FWIW, we're Leicester based too, so might be up for gig shares- we're not exactly country, but I do play lap steel...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

@geepers0677 cheers buddy - probably the best compliment i've ever had!

It will be a great band to be in for someone who likes a little alt with their country
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Ah, just a little bit too far away for me to realistically do (no transport at the minute); sounds intriguing though, feel free to link me to any recordings or anything by PM! I do a bit of Midlands-based music journalism (see sig) so always on the lookout for new local stuff...
    Yeah, we're not at the stage to make a commute from brum worthwhile yet. I drive down from notts though. Cheers for the interest