SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT 1964 Vox AC30 - sold

What's Hot
dickieguitardickieguitar Frets: 406
edited May 2015 in Amps £
Time to admit this lovely old thing is just too loud for my home studio.

It's a 1964 copper-top AC30 with original grey/silver alnico speakers. 

THE NEW BIT: This did have a Top Boost module fitted (on a custom-made back board, to keep the original one intact) but I was unhappy with the added noise so it's now been returned to original spec. The module, fitting instructions and new back board (made by Jon Dickinson of Dickinson Amps) are included in the sale, so you can easily put it back in again if you're not as anal as me about such things. 

I think the innards are otherwise almost completely original - lots of gold Wimas and mustard caps. I know the grille cloth and footswitch are modern repro as I fitted them myself; don't know about the other cosmetic bits. 

Everything works fine and sounds fantastic, including the tremolo and vibrato.

Originally bought from Hessy's of Liverpool, where the Beatles got their early gear, judging by the tatty old sticker I peeled off the control panel.

£1500, collection from south London. Will consider trade/part-ex for something broadly similar but in the 20W range (vintage or modern). 

I'm also in need of an American Tele at the minute.

imageimageimage
Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments