NGDGT

What's Hot
jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
So, after all the helpful advice from forumites, I went with this PRS DGT Standard.

I was quite specific about the colour etc that I wanted (also moons, not birds) and this was available new for a pretty good discount. I actually really like the look of it; the finish is such high quality that it makes any hint of flashiness a bit more acceptable.

Only had a few minutes with it so far but the neck and weight and balance are great. If I do decide to move it on it would be because of the pickups - I'm not 100% sure about them and don't think I will be until I've spent quite a bit of time with it. I have this feeling that changing pickups destroys the character of a guitar, so if they're not right, get a new guitar! 

Thanks once again for all your helpful advice. Although I'm very pleased with my purchase, you just might see this in the classifieds in a few months.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fnptfnpt Frets: 756
    You just got it and already you're thinking of selling it? Lol
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Picture won't load for me currently try this?

Nice score.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Thanks @guitarfishbay. I obviously didn't do something right.

@fnpt. I take the view that guitars are like partners....one must spend time together before knowing if it's really right....and sometimes you gotta just say goodbye 
    :-h
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 756
    Well, its a gorgeous guitar and I hope you bond with it.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice!

Let me know if you fancy selling the pickups alone though! ;)

(Actually, don't - keep them in case you do ever sell it on!)
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Sweet!

I rather fancy a standard to go with the other one :)

If you do swap out the pickups (I wouldn't recommend it, as the guitar is all about the pickups) keep them, then you have a chance of selling it on :P
  • bntylrbntylr Frets: 8
    Its a shame prs don't do more understated guitars like this. They're sexy as hell.
  • What's wrong with changing pickups?

Other than that, that's one classy looking instrument. If it sounds half as good as it looks, it's a keeper!