Summer holiday 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    thomasross20;39467" said:
    Where are you going? 

I need to think of exactly where I'd like to go. In fact I know: Australia. But we'd have only two weeks and it's pretty expensive. 
    It will be winter there in our summer.

We are renting a classic Hymer motorhome, basically going on a tour around Wales. This will be our third motorhome holiday, works well for a family with dog.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    Not long back from Russia so no more big trips until at least September/October.

Quick weekend in the UK next month, and hoping for India or Cambodia for next proper holiday.

And going for a weekend on Tatooine for my birthday :D

https://cdn.praivit.com/img/media/Abu_Dhabi/Anantara_Qasr_Al_Sarab/Villa_private_pool_with_dunes_view.jpg
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    lloyd;601863" said:
    Rhodes is beautiful, not cheap though. I'd go back tomorrow.
    Historically it's always been a costly place if I recall?

We're doing the 'cop out' route, all inclusive apartment complex, big pools, loads for the kids, right on the beach. Simply intend to do fck all for two weeks other than let the kids enjoy themselves.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    @Chuffola, that sounds amazing. Was there lots to do?

Centre parcs, is that good? I've never been to Devon and Cornwall... Maybe a UK holiday??
    Rhodes sounds good, too.

My pal is in Sweden right now so get a cheap weekend there at some point.
    Got to say center parcs actually looks pretty cool!
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Rhodes is beautiful, not cheap though. I'd go back tomorrow.
    jd0272;601872" said:
    [quote="lloyd;601863"]Rhodes is beautiful, not cheap though. I'd go back tomorrow.

We're doing the 'cop out' route, all inclusive apartment complex, big pools, loads for the kids, right on the beach. Simply intend to do fck all for two weeks other than let the kids enjoy themselves. [/quote]

All ins probably the best route with kids, no stress of saying no to ice creams/cokes etc, must get ridiculous as they want them all the time!

Greece is always expensive, lovely place though. Doing fuck all is great, get out to Lindos though-it's pretty touristy tacky but the actual buildings and town is like walking back into the bible. Amazing place, the treck to the castle at the top is a bastard (especially if you set off at mid-day in a heatwave) but well worth it.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1058
    edited April 2015
    10 days in New Orleans at the end of June.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Haven't had an actual holiday for years. Probably get to Wales again.
    My V key is broken
    thomasross20;601896" said:
    Got to say center parcs actually looks pretty cool!
    Colleague goes regularly, he strongly advises me fortnight in Spain etc is a cheaper option.. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    I've never had a good meal in France ...
    :-O

Don't worry, I think there's now a Little Chef in Calais, so you should be alright.
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    Centre Parcs.  

Sounds good. You should be able to fill an album with your experiences there. ;)
    lloyd;601906" said:
    Rhodes is beautiful, not cheap though. I'd go back tomorrow.[quote="jd0272;601872"][quote="lloyd;601863"]Rhodes is beautiful, not cheap though. I'd go back tomorrow.

We're doing the 'cop out' route, all inclusive apartment complex, big pools, loads for the kids, right on the beach. Simply intend to do fck all for two weeks other than let the kids enjoy themselves. [/quote]

All ins probably the best route with kids, no stress of saying no to ice creams/cokes etc, must get ridiculous as they want them all the time!

Greece is always expensive, lovely place though. Doing fuck all is great, get out to Lindos though-it's pretty touristy tacky but the actual buildings and town is like walking back into the bible. Amazing place, the treck to the castle at the top is a bastard (especially if you set off at mid-day in a heatwave) but well worth it.[/quote]

Wifey (who takes care of all of this booking hols phaf on) advises me we will be a mere 15 min walk to said Lindos. She's been before so 'knows the craic'.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    Somewhere in Europe for a nice long weekend, and then a couple of weeks in Vietnam.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Ah nice, great place. Lovely little beaches on your doorstep. Jealous.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1375
    Tuscany. A week's tuition from Justin Sandercoe and Dario Cortese.
     Bought a seat on the plane for my guitar this time. 2 years ago KLM failed to transfer my guitar between flights in Amsterdam, and it took 2 days for it to be reunited with me.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    edited April 2015
    I've never had a good meal in France - only been to Paris. I hear the South is good. 
    There's a great restaurant called the "Olive Garden" on/near International Drive - loved it.
    I think the problem is you, not France ;)
    Olive Garden is basically Frankie and Bennies or whatever, it's fine for a quick meal, but it's not great.
    Univeral was the highlight. Disneyworld is big and tiring - I preferred the one in Paris.
    Disney is only as tiring as you make it, there's no need to rush around like a manic and "see/do everything", it's a cracking place to chill out.

I'm off to Nazare in Portugal for 10 days with my folks, bros and the missus in the Summer. Might do something in half term, possibly just exploring North Yorkshire a bit, as not sure I can spare the time for a week away really.
    chrispy108;602072" said:
    thomasross20 said:I've never had a good meal in France - only been to Paris. I hear the South is good. There's a great restaurant called the "Olive Garden" on/near International Drive - loved it.

I think the problem is you, not France ;)Olive Garden is basically Frankie and Bennies or whatever, it's fine for a quick meal, but it's not great.

thomasross20 said:

Univeral was the highlight. Disneyworld is big and tiring - I preferred the one in Paris.

Disney is only as tiring as you make it, there's no need to rush around like a manic and "see/do everything", it's a cracking place to chill out.

I'm off to Nazare in Portugal for 10 days with my folks, bros and the missus in the Summer. Might do something in half term, possibly just exploring North Yorkshire a bit, as not sure I can spare the time for a week away really.

Booking a luxury log cabin with hot tub is a good way to explore Yorkshire. Google log cabins Keldy.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    Just did 5 days in Portugal and met up with a former guitar student and his wife. Lovely laid back place. Summer we are planning another area of the UK we've never explored.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    I might splash out and visit Butlins ... for the day.