Cowon - anyone got one?

What's Hot
scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11441
My Creative Zen Xfi2 is displaying alarming signs of borkedness, and I need a new mp3 player. I know I can use a phone but I wold have to get a new phone. I'd rather have something small and high-capacity with a good battery life, I travel a lot and high capacity is great if I'm away for a couple of months.These days high-capacity seems to start at 32GB rather than the 60+Gb I've been used to.

I have a short list of the new Creative Zen Xfi3, a Cowon X9 and a Cowon D20. No Apples, not worth the money.

Anyone got any experience of Cowon, or got any good alternatives? I've been a Creative user for about a dozen years, their stuff generally lasts for ages and sounds good.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cowon are well known for there sound quality which I can back up on the 2 older I series devices I've had.. Also had an iRiver B30 which was outstanding sound quality wise but had an IMO major niggle, the built in storage couldn't merge with the micro sd storage so you had to know what was on what.
  • The Sansa Clip+ is also excellent - and all you need to do is get the low-capacity one and a couple of 32GB SD cards.
    <space for hire>
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    What about buying a small capacity one and a 64gb MicroSD card?

While many claim they only support a 32gb card, the 64gb cards are functionally identical (other than capacity) and as long as you format them correctly most players will support them. (google specific players before purchase).

I have experience with 64gb cards in phones that claimed only to support 32gb cards so it's not just 3rd hand internet based knowledge, but experience. I suspect a 128gb card will also work, but they're expensive and if it didn't work with such a pricey investment I'd not want to be the one to say it would work
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Cowon Cowon Cowon Cowon Cowon ......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I once heard a railway station announcement:-  "The next train will be late because there's a cowon the line at Teynham."