Moving to Richmond?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4898
    Bromley is where its at these days.  Still cheap, still a bit dull but still safe.  My house to Marble Arch - 40 minutes.  Whats not to like.

And not on the Heathrow flight path either.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    thomasross20;610073" said:
    I'd rather buy a detached house in Livingston and get the train in! 
    Don't , it will stay low in price. Not worth putting money into.

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    People are happy to load up on debt because they feel confident that rates will stay low and that prices will continue to rise.

However, sales volumes are very low. Which suggests that most houses currently on the market won't actually sell.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Chatted to a Richmond estate agent today, who said that prices were flattening out a bit. The trajectory is still upward of course, barring some vast financial calamity.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Skarloey said:
    Chatted to a Richmond estate agent today, who said that prices were flattening out a bit. The trajectory is still upward of course, barring some vast financial calamity.
    It's kind of interesting, if you look at the price plots for areas in London you see a sharp rise a few years ago (maybe two or three), this is more recent in areas further out, I haven't checked systematically, but I suspect there's a core high price region that's expanding as investment money comes in and doesn't care exactly where it is, so long as it's near somewhere else that's going up.