Recommend me some Bluetooth Headphones

davewwdaveww Frets: 165
edited April 2015 in Off Topic
Can anyone recommend me some cheap reasonable bluetooth headphones.  I'll probably need to get a bluetooth adapter to connect to the phone socket of my amp as well.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    Do you have any headphones you really like already? 

I've got a pair of Grado SR80i phones that I love, so didn't fancy spending big money to pay for BT ones as good as them. So I bought a pair of these bluetooth adapters - they are dual mode and can switch between sending and receiving. Sound quality is very good and they are useful for all kinds of different applications. Connected to each other the latency is low enough that I even use them with guitar or watching movies.

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Thanks, will look into those.  To be honest I hadn't thought about latency and I do want to play guitar through them.  My son is back home unexpectedly and working nights so I need to wear headphones to practice in the day when he's asleep.  I do'nt mind the phones to much but the wires drive me nuts.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    Latency is an issue on regular bluetooth - which is why I chose those dongles. When connected to each other they use a special low-latency mode.

They also support the AptX codec which gives better quality sound if your sender supports it. My modest Moto G phone happily sends AptX music to one of these adapters. Been very pleased with mine and the charge lasts ages.

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    I was going to try the dongles but my daughter got me some Sony Wireless phones to my surprise.  They work great on my mac and on my amp.  No latency at all :-)