Floyd tae get 180 million for fight

What's Hot

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    He's too good for Pacman. Look at the guys face. Most boxers in their late 30s don't look like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16281
    Nope, I've duly  googled "Floyd Tae", but I can't find anything on the bloke at all.
    Floyd Tae is Chinese.....doofus
    tae be or not tae be
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I don't know a lot about boxing (last time I saw a fight on TV was when Prince Naseem Hamed was boxing) but apparently Manny will win.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Floyd comes across as a bit of a cnt. Hope the other guy wipes the floor with him, although I gather that's unlikely.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Which one's Pink?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5316
    Yeah Keith Floyd owned a Pub near me but he pissed the locals off when he tried charging £14 for beans on toast :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    Unfortunately Floyds defence is just too good, even for pac, shame.
    I can't lose the feeling this is going to be a huge disappointment, I hope not.

Nicky Piper would have taken Floyd in the 1st ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 637
    edited April 2015
    I'm putting money on Pacman in the first four (wouldn't that be excellent), and Mayweather on points (more likely).

One thing for sure it has rematch written all over it before the first bell.

GazLion said:
    I'm looking forward to it, but not sure how to play it. Go to bed for a few hours and set the alarm for 2ish? Or drink through, trying to stay awake for the fight and potentially missing it... Inconsiderate timing much!
    Gonna be a nightmare, I'm out for a bevvy but away from home, so is it power through and pace the drinking or get a few hours kip on my mates sofa!!??

Anyone seen old Nigel Benn on Twitter? Comeback?? Surely not
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    This fight is way too late in coming. Paco is not the fighter he was, not sure his heart is really in it any more. Fully expect Floyd to win. As others said, this is years too late, this fight would have been too close to call 6-8 years ago.

Now just a last hurrah money spinner.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Barry McGuigan could have beaten either of them in his hayday . 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    I'd like to see Golovkin take on Mayweather.
    He'd wipe the floor with him. I know it's unlikely to come about but that'd be epic.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2933
    Nicky Piper , good domestic fighter and a Mensa man :)

Floyd would never agree to fight GGG i reckon.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    I feel lucky to have been watching boxing when I was a kid, it was a big deal, all the kids at school would get excited about fighters, nowadays yr mam won't have heard of any of the top fighters but back in the day they were household names.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    ^
    That's pay-per-fucking-view for ya!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    edited May 2015
    Stevepage;614093" said:
    Only 180 million? I don't know how he survives. Maybe we can do a collection so that he can pay his rent
    He spends it as fast as he earns it. He's got two private jets, an enormous fleet of luxury cars, a huge watch collection and a house worth "an 8 figure sum". I was reading an article about him: the writer reckoned he'll have probably spent most of the 180 mill by the end of the year.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    I read an article about him yesterday that said that he lights cigars with $100 bills. I don't know if that's true or not but if it is, what a knob. Give the bills to charity, you wanker.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I thought the fight was pretty disappointing tbh. I always thought the point of boxing was actually to throw punches, not hug your opponent and run away. It's a bit like a football team all lying in a big pile on top of the ball so the other team can't kick it. Boring.
    All practice and no theory
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881

Didn't see the fight, but every review I've read of it so far has been completely different, varying from Mayweather was a master of defensive counterpunching who caught Pacquiao's face all night, to Mayweather should take up dancing and Pacquiao did all the punching.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The bit I found interesting was a request was made to the board of control for Pacquiao to have an injection in an injured shoulder before the fight which was denied and meant he fought with one arm for the most part. Seems a shame for a fight that people have waited the best part of a decade for.

In my opinion Floyd entered the contest confident that he was facing a man that'd lost his edge, 6 years ago was when the fight should have happened. But that's how boxing is these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited May 2015
    One of the most boring fights I have ever watched and I have been watching boxing for nearly 30 years. 

Both fighters offered very little Mayweather dodged and weaved about a bit better and upped his jab rate a bit more often and won on points.

I should have remembered what a boring fighter Mayweather is from the last time I wasted £20 watching one of his fights.