Went to see Avengers today

What's Hot
hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
£16.99 at vue for the 3D showing and the volume in the theatre was louder than most rock shows I've been to.

The movie was eh.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    I'm going to see it tomorrow
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Saw it last week in 2D, £9.50. Enjoyed it but I enjoyed the Winter soldier more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    hugbot said:

The movie was eh.
    My feelings were exactly the same, and I'm a huge fan of silly superhero movies.  :P
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6327
    tFB Trader
    hugbot said:
    £16.99 at vue for the 3D showing and the volume in the theatre was louder than most rock shows I've been to.

The movie was ehrmazing.
    Fixed for you
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I was thoroughly whelmed by it. That is to say neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed. Just whelmed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It was too much, not just the number of characters, but to give them each a story, screen time, moving the plot forward and use this movie as a platform to set up future marvel movies basically in the next decade. I know the director's cut is coming and it'll be 3 hours long.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2084
    I really enjoyed it.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    Fuzzdog said:
    hugbot said:

The movie was eh.
    My feelings were exactly the same, and I'm a huge fan of silly superhero movies.  :P
    I really wanted to love it but ended up sat in the cinema thinking "maybe I'm getting too old for Marvel".  I think the problem was too many new characters with little to no info on any of them.
    I found Scarlet Witch more interesting and threatening than Ultron.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I saw a triple bill last week, the first avengers, second captain America (best of all the Marvel films IMO), and the new avengers after midnight last Thursday. All in 3D with the posh sound and in a VIP seat for £21. Admittedly a student price, but you've been bummed imo.

Loved it though. There were only four new characters including Ultron iirc.

The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D connection was pretty weak, shouldn't have bothered putting it in the episode IMO.
    My V key is broken
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    I am seeing it tomorrow in 2D in Abu Dhabi.

It will have arabic subtitles, and half the audience will be on their phones throughout, but the seats will be ginormous armchairs and it will cost about £6. Or we could go super deluxe where you get a full reclining lazyboy thing plus blankets and butler to bring drinks for maybe £15 or so :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    stickyfiddle;617709" said:

It will have arabic subtitles, and half the audience will be on their phones throughout, but the seats will be ginormous armchairs and it will cost about £6. Or we could go super deluxe where you get a full reclining lazyboy thing plus blankets and butler to bring drinks for maybe £15 or so :D
    Super deluxe :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    stickyfiddle;617709" said:

Is that all? I know where id be spunking my cash.

I enjoyed it. Sit back, switch off, eat popcorn. :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    I was literally struggling to stay awake at times.It was ok but not brilliant.SJ looks majorly hot in it though,as usuall.

I can't believe what some of you have to pay.I thought our local was expensive but apparently not.£17 for me and my two boys at the mid day show.Seems a bargain now.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
     half the audience will be on their phones throughout, 
    This would make me very, very angry.
    How do you manage to not murder people?
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7491
    holnrew said:
    , second captain America (best of all the Marvel films IMO),
    I am massively underwhelmed with Captain america tbh both as a character and in the recent film adaptations. The avengers films so far have been a bit weak too. I reckon my favourite marvel is probably the first iron man film, or maybe one of the early x-men ones
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    Thought it was good, but at about 2hrs in I suddenly realised it didn't have the wow factor of the first Avengers, or Winter Soldier.

Still going to pick up the extended version when it's out
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    PolarityMan;617764" said:
    holnrew said:

, second captain America (best of all the Marvel films IMO),

I am massively underwhelmed with Captain america tbh both as a character and in the recent film adaptations. The avengers films so far have been a bit weak too. I reckon my favourite marvel is probably the first iron man film, or maybe one of the early x-men ones
    You're wrong and also a homo
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    edited May 2015
    octatonic said:
     half the audience will be on their phones throughout, 
    This would make me very, very angry.
    How do you manage to not murder people?
    It's an acquired skill. We don't go very often. Not least because all the naughty bits are edited out, which makes all the good films less good. I assume Ultron has no naughty bits (being a robot and all)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    You paid £16.99 to see

http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/width/640/media/5717439/Hillman Avenger (2).jpg

which I just googled for nothing??  :-O
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself