Went to see Avengers today

What's Hot

Comments

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I didnt actually pay the extra for the 3d version mind, fuck that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    ~£10.50 each for us (WTF!!!) and we got people kicking the seats. Too much going on in the film. Banner sulks too much like a whiny kid - just thought it was cack to be honest. 
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Quite liked it, I thought the two Captain America ones were probably better narratives (particularly the second one), but the events in this one are more spectacular. 3D was quite well used. There are some good visual jokes and back-references buried in it.
    Difficult to see how they'll keep the Avengers bit of the franchise going though, with the better-known characters stepping out.
    Despite all the comic book physics, super-powered characters, science fiction technology, what seemed the most discordant was that there's a scene where they visit the internet. Can only think that's some kind of inside joke. (Though would have been better as such if it had turned out to be a small black box with a red light.)
    Captain America definitely better.
    I just going the whole thing ridiculous, and I love comic book films! Too many big egos. Man with bow and arrow and.... Thor? Lol. And banner's bloody moping, god help me.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Old Steed must be knocking on a bit now?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Diana Rigg.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Don't care what the film's like if Scarlett J's in it. She can make the crappiest films watchable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Old Steed must be knocking on a bit now?
    Obscure!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11965
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Don't care what the film's like if Scarlett J's in it. She can make the crappiest films watchable.
    Speak for yourself - I found lost in translation almost painful to watch

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Never knew her name before just googling it... and I hate these threads that chat about women and dates etc... but I have to say Elizabeth Olsen looked fantastic in the film.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    thomasross20;618849" said:
    Never knew her name before just googling it... and I hate these threads that chat about women and dates etc... but I have to say Elizabeth Olsen looked fantastic in the film.
    Those legs.

I liked how funny Thor was, closer to the comic Thor. Cap being all commanding and handsome, Hawkeye's contribution, Maria Hill being attractive... The Vision is awesome too. I loved it.

I'm sure the others will be back for the other avengers films, and Iron Man will link up with Guardians at some point. I'm excited about it all.

My V key is broken
    The legs... my weak point... my achilles heel... yes, I was very impressed!! And that's all I'm saying on the matter.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    Sassafras said:
    Wis.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    holnrew said

I liked how funny Thor was, closer to the comic Thor. 

What? film Thor is a million miles from marvel comic Thor!?!? Probably more different than any superhero depicted in film thus far. I was a massive comic fan in my youth and Thor was one of my favourites. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Just back from watching it my god that was awesome. Loved vision and Ultron was amazing Spader did a great job voicing him. Can't wait for Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and the Infinity War now.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567
    Emma Peel, lovely looking lass

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    axisus said:
    holnrew said

I liked how funny Thor was, closer to the comic Thor. 

What? film Thor is a million miles from marvel comic Thor!?!? Probably more different than any superhero depicted in film thus far. I was a massive comic fan in my youth and Thor was one of my favourites. 
    I know, that's what I mean, he was more like the Thor in the comics than previously. Not saying he's the same.
    My V key is broken
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4851
    Alas is was ruined for me by a 5 year old kicking the shit out of the back of my seat. My do some parents take kids that are clearly too young for a 12 A film. Thankfully they left half way through.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    You young fellas are spoiled these days. When I were a little lad all we had was stop motion effects films like Jason & the Argonauts.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    Just got back from it and it's a pretty slapdash affair, if the hinted line up is the next film I'll give it a miss.

I must be one of the few that thought Winter Soldier was pap.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....