Urban Fox.

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    I like having him around really @Phil_aka_Pip

It's now raining and he's still laid there.I've just been debating with Mrs B over whether to lob something up there for him to eat because I feel sorry for him.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2150
    tFB Trader

When I was living in Gosport, there were hundreds of them.

I once shared a kebab with one on the way home from the pub.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Leave him out snacks and drinks.  
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    That looks suspiciously like a cannabis plant there in your garden.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    Haha @Sassafras it's actually a horse chestnut tree that my kids planted about ten years ago. :)
    Sure, I believe you!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I like having him around really @Phil_aka_Pip

It's now raining and he's still laid there.I've just been debating with Mrs B over whether to lob something up there for him to eat because I feel sorry for him.
    cool :)

wait for him to move. While he's content & not hungry he'll stay there.

when you see him get up lob something to land where he can see & find it easily, but not at him. next time lob it slightly closer to the house. repeat until he comes close enough for a really good portrait photo ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Foxes are filthy vermin. I've just had to block off the fence at the bottom of my garden to stop the bastard things getting under it, and pissing all over the place, it really fucking stinks of fox piss down there.  And they're mangy, flea-ridden things, plus they probably carry disease, and kill cats.

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2933
    ^^^^ hater ^^^^
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2933
    chillidoggy;618822" said:
    Foxes are filthy vermin. I've just had to block off the fence at the bottom of my garden to stop the bastard things getting under it, and pissing all over the place, it really fucking stinks of fox piss down there.  And they're mangy, flea-ridden things, plus they probably carry disease, and kill cats.

U dead posh?
    I wish. Then I could pay someone else to block the poxy fence off!

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6931

/\ I was wondering how long it would take :D
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5138
    edited May 2015

Your foxes have obviously never met any real cats then. The urban foxes around here run a fucking mile from my cat asap!

That said, they do generally spend most of their time living on the nearby nature reserve and only come into town to occasionally scavenge if pickings are low, which isn't often.

Given that I live in one of the most deprived areas of the UK, that says a lot about elsewhere if we don't have a problem, despite having a large local rural and urban fox population, but more affluent areas do?

More edible waste in your trash = More scavengers.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813
    Used to see a huge fox regularly by us about 15 years ago. Often saw him from the early morning train running across the fields. Then one night saw it dead on the main road, lying widthways across the white lines, he was about 6 foot long snout to tail. Traffic avoided the body then someone must have called the council to remove it. Odd the way folks talked about it on the train. Seems like we all felt a loss. Magnificent creature.

Your foxes have obviously never met any real cats then. The urban foxes around here run a fucking mile from my cat asap!

That said, they do generally spend most of their time living on the nearby nature reserve and only come into town to occasionally scavenge if pickings are low, which isn't often.

Given that I live in one of the most deprived areas of the UK, that says a lot about elsewhere if we don't have a problem, despite having a large local rural and urban fox population, but more affluent areas do?

More edible waste in your trash = More scavengers.

I'm not sure I'd call Margate affluent, but I get your drift. The fox's habitat is being eroded, as with so many other species. Places that were once open spaces are now covered with houses, and the hunting grounds for some have all but disappeared. If it's true that we throw away a large proportion of our food, then the foxes, being opportunistic predators, will surely take advantage of it.

However, one can only imagine that the fox population of Thanet will soon be suffering badly from obesity, given all the leftover pizzas, kebabs and chips the locals usually chow down on.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited May 2015
    Catapults are great fun you need a catapult....
  • We've got a fox den in the communal garden across the street- the seagulls go mental at them during breeding season. Otherwise I quite like the occasional sighting. I used to work on a research project where we looked at the health of urban v rural foxes- basically we collected roadkill foxes & autopsied them to see their general health (other than being pancaked). I'm now completely iron stomached- NOTHING will get the stink of decaying fox out of your clothes!
    Basil Brush was quite an urbane fox.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
    i have been lucky enough to see a fox on 2 different winters (at about 3am). was looking out of my window at the snow,and watched the fox on both occasions,wander into my garden,then back out to the car park area.was watching it for around 10 minutes (both different times/years too).

*lovely beings they are :-)  

*not all will agree.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90