Royal Baby Day

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
Kate is in labour!!  I've waited 9 months for this day and I'm very, very excited.   I bet she's all "hnnnnnggggggg hnnnnnngggggggggggg".
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Wait what? She's pregnant again?
    *checks bbc news website*
    I seriously dislike that that is BBC news top story over the nepal disaster.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2348
    I had a big shit this morning, does anyone care?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I say we cancel the election and just put him forward as new king/antichrist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28419
    Kate is in labour!!
    I don't understand the excitement.

The female of the species have given birth before.  For centuries.  For millennia. 

This woman in particular has given birth before.  Apparently it happened "normally" and wasn't the precursor to a spectacular solar eruption, the reversal of polar magnetic fields, the start of pigs flying, or even a guarantee of a nice sunny day.

She will, in all likelihood, give birth to a "baby", with the appropriate number of arms, legs, eyes, ears and other paraphernalia.  

It might even bear a passing resemblance to the father.  

These "baby" things have been seen before.  I'd bet money that she's not the only pregnant woman who will give birth to a baby today.  In London.  Maybe not even the only woman in that hospital who will give birth to a baby today.

OK, so this "baby" will be the 4th-in-line-to-the-throne.  Which, again in all likelihood, means that it will never do the job for which it has been created.  It will sit forever on the subs bench, trying to be useful in some vague, useless, sort of way.

I'm not particularly anti-Royalist, but, really, aren't we getting just a little over-excited?

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31584
    I have to say,

So what?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• midlifecrisis;618258" said:
    I had a big shit this morning, does anyone care?
    I'd be interested to know more. PM me

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    TTony;618263" said:
    bingefeller said:

Kate is in labour!!

I don't understand the excitement.

The female of the species have given birth before.  For centuries.  For millennia. 

This woman in particular has given birth before.  Apparently it happened "normally" and wasn't the precursor to a spectacular solar eruption, the reversal of polar magnetic fields, the start of pigs flying, or even a guarantee of a nice sunny day.

She will, in all likelihood, give birth to a "baby", with the appropriate number of arms, legs, eyes, ears and other paraphernalia.  

It might even bear a passing resemblance to the father.  

These "baby" things have been seen before.  I'd bet money that she's not the only pregnant woman who will give birth to a baby today.  In London.  Maybe not even the only woman in that hospital who will give birth to a baby today.

OK, so this "baby" will be the 4th-in-line-to-the-throne.  Which, again in all likelihood, means that it will never do the job for which it has been created.  It will sit forever on the subs bench, trying to be useful in some vague, useless, sort of way.

I'm not particularly anti-Royalist, but, really, aren't we getting just a little over-excited?
    But, but....how could you? It's Kate! The replacement for the much missed Diana. She's a goddess, a saint, a guru, an intellectual giant all crammed into the body of a sweet and gorgeous girl. Her farts come out as puffs of fairy glitter and smell of roses.

Seriously I don't give a toss either. It's just a baby fercrissake.
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    Kate's in labour? I thought the Royals were supposed to remain politically neutral, especially coming up to an election.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3074
    And it's a girl......8 lbs 3 oz before you ask the weight ;)
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    YES!!!!!!!!!
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    With reptilian eyes
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    Sambostar said:
    With reptilian eyes

Wrapped in a black and white checkered blanket.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    And now we'll get 24 hour news coverage of........nothing at all happening outside a hospital and "royal experts" discussing what the new sprog will be called. :-S
    boogieman said:
    And now we'll get 24 hour news coverage of........nothing at all happening outside a hospital and "royal experts" discussing what the new sprog will be called. :-S

The baby's name is Donatella 'cos it's Donatella Versace's 90th birthday today.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I haven't been watching TV.  I've been doing more productive things like comparing a Fernandes FST-70 to a USA Strat.  From what I can gather from the photo comparisons of the space between the trem and bridge pickup, the trem is set too far back as standard.  Kind of in a similar manner to Chibsons having the bridge pickup not set back far enough, except in this instance it affects intonation.

Now I think I may wash my hair.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    Spare a thought this morning for poor old James Hewitt who has seen his son, Harry, drop down a further notch or two in terms of succession to the throne.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    boogieman said:

The baby's name is Donatella 'cos it's Donatella Versace's 90th birthday today.
    Nah, they'll go with Donatello, because Will is a big Ninja Turtles fan :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I think they need more connectivity with the common man

I therefore propose

Chardonney or Sharon.

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Hertz32 said:
    Wait what? She's pregnant again?
    *checks bbc news website*
    I seriously dislike that that is BBC news top story over the nepal disaster.
    Well, it's number one as a breaking story that affects this country. Number two is an update on Nepal, to say no new survivors have been found after an earthquake that happened a week ago. Which does raise the question of how long after a disaster should it be the only thing we talk about? I saw comments on technology stories this week criticising the BBC for writing them when it should be covering the Nepal disaster, or a Ghurkas march in London or whatever the poster's favourite story is. Why they expect a technology correspondent to write about an earthquake in Nepal is a mystery.
    What will be interesting to see is if any of the people who suddenly seemed to discover Boko Haram's existence in January in a bizarre attempt to comment on the response to the Charlie Hebdo attacks notice that the Nigerian government have just freed over 200 hostages. My bet is no as they didn't notice BH massacring people before 2015.