Royal Baby Day

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    Carefully timed to distract attention from the boredom and apathy currently being shown to something that does actually matter in this country…

What unpopular major policy commitments do you think the parties will announce today?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    My 'ladieezz' are currently discussing the best names for the new princess..

Amongst some of the suggestions are:

Clamidia, Tallulah, Doris, Tubs, Brittany, Chardonnay, Beyonce, Queenie, Madge..

Lordy.. I'm getting a headache already
    :-t
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25493
    Oh well, it makes a change focussing one what came out of one cnut, as against what keeps coming out of these three...

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Tenner on Wills and Kate choosing the name Princess Tiaamii.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Hertz32 said:
    Wait what? She's pregnant again?
    *checks bbc news website*
    I seriously dislike that that is BBC news top story over the nepal disaster.
    Nepal isn't current, and very few things get more hits, clicks or units sold than a royal birth, death or marriage.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    The new baby should be called George and thus live their entire royal life under a veil of confusion. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    TTony said:
    Kate is in labour!!
    I don't understand the excitement.

The female of the species have given birth before.  For centuries.  For millennia. 

This woman in particular has given birth before.  Apparently it happened "normally" and wasn't the precursor to a spectacular solar eruption, the reversal of polar magnetic fields, the start of pigs flying, or even a guarantee of a nice sunny day.

She will, in all likelihood, give birth to a "baby", with the appropriate number of arms, legs, eyes, ears and other paraphernalia.  

It might even bear a passing resemblance to the father.  

These "baby" things have been seen before.  I'd bet money that she's not the only pregnant woman who will give birth to a baby today.  In London.  Maybe not even the only woman in that hospital who will give birth to a baby today.

OK, so this "baby" will be the 4th-in-line-to-the-throne.  Which, again in all likelihood, means that it will never do the job for which it has been created.  It will sit forever on the subs bench, trying to be useful in some vague, useless, sort of way.

I'm not particularly anti-Royalist, but, really, aren't we getting just a little over-excited?

Yeah totally agree. I mean... all this uproar over a woman and a baby. All this anger and rage and pointless cynicism being directed at... at what exactly?

*sigh*
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3119
    Heh, I find it deeply amusing to hear you accusing people of pointless anger, rage, and cynicism :)

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16281
    I'm overwhelmed and overjoyed
    tae be or not tae be
    edited May 2015
    Heh, I find it deeply amusing to hear you accusing people of pointless anger, rage, and cynicism :)

R.
    I've seen yaow on the Facebook, giving it all the 'I hate this fucking baby and I hope Kate has a miscarriage' type bullosh. You've no room to talk! You've been practically cumming over the idea of the royalty dying out. Give it a rest!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm, let's see:

robinbowes said (on Facebook):
     I am a committed republican. I believe we should abolish monarchy and replace the Queen/King with an elected, democratic head of state. I'm not a bitter hater, I'm not suggesting the Windors go the same way as the Romanovs, but I don't want them as Head Of State in our country.
    I don't believe your summary quite captures my tone. Put simply. stop making stuff up ya cock womble.

R.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm, let's see:

I am a committed republican. I believe we should abolish monarchy and replace the Queen/King with an elected, democratic head of state. I'm not a bitter hater, I'm not suggesting the Windors go the same way as the Romanovs, but I don't want them as Head Of State in our country.
    I don't believe your summary quite captures my tone. Put simply. stop making stuff up ya cock womble.

R.
    It's not the words alone that make tone. It's the frequency and obsession. It's basically all you've talked about today. As I said, give it a rest, you regicidal poofter.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    Hmm, let's see:

R.
    It's not the words alone that make tone. It's the frequency and obsession. It's basically all you've talked about today. As I said, give it a rest, you regicidal poofter.
    Welcome to DrewWorld, where the facts, truth, and actuality have no meaning. You total whompercunt.

Hugs,

R.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    Hmm, let's see:

R.
    Welcome to DrewWorld, where the facts, truth, and actuality have no meaning. You total whompercunt.

Hugs,

R.
    Oh fuck off Robin you dullard twatcake. Facts and truth are very important to me. Not feelings. And your whole angle on this is based on your EMOTIONS. You nobber.
    edited May 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    Oh fuck off Robin you dullard twatcake. Facts and truth are very important to me. Not feelings. And your whole angle on this is based on your EMOTIONS. You nobber.

If you were bothered about facts and truth, you wouldn't feel the need to construct straw man arguments by making up what people actually said and arguing with your fictional view of the issue.

I have a long-held rational and intellectual belief that we should abolish the monarchy. Emotions don't come into it at all. You may disagree. That's fine. But please don't expect me to respond when you just make stuff up.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    Oh come on, you two, give it a rest. We're discussing some important things here ... oh wait ... Ok, as you were, you two, do please carry on the entertaining distraction. :)
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    The new baby should be called George and thus live their entire royal life under a veil of confusion. 
    Nah, they called the last one after Asda's cheap clothing line. Now they should go for Tesco's, and call it Florence & Fred. That way they don't even need to worry about figuring out its gender.
    Drew_fx said:

If you were bothered about facts and truth, you wouldn't feel the need to construct straw man arguments by making up what people actually said and arguing with your fictional view of the issue.

I have a long-held rational and intellectual belief that we should abolish the monarchy. Emotions don't come into it at all. You may disagree. That's fine. But please don't expect me to respond when you just make stuff up.

R.
    Oh go and lick piss you old fucking white-man blues wanker.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Right... now I've got my internet aggro out for the day, I can go out and be a productive member of society. To the Market!!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Drew_fx said:
    To the Market!!
    Are you proposing a toast?

Thatcher would be proud of you
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom