Vindaloo belly gripes

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
Had a Veggie Biryani with a vindaloo sauce at our local curry house last night, could only manage half of it so had it bagged to take home, woke up at 7.30 this morn with poorly tummy and unleashed the hounds from hell into the bog, same again at about 10.30. Felt like I was shitting caustic soda.

So lunchtime came today and because I'm a bit daft I polished off the rest, Its just too nice, I love curries I do. I'm at work now until tomorrow so fun times ahead. To paraphrase Mickey Flanaghan, you'll be able to hang me on the back of the door, I'll be a costume of a man.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    The Blue Nile at Hazel Grove is probably the greatest curry house on the planet.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    You may have built up an immunity by now with new gut flora.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    Pepto Bismol is your friend... settles you stomach and stops the squits pretty quickly. Turns your poo black for a few days afterwards mind.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    Just need around 6-8 pints of Guiness and you'll be fine....

or not.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited May 2015
    I feel your pain, JB!

I used to eat vindaloo on occasion without too much trouble, but the missus banned me from anything hot after finding me curled up in agony lying on the bog floor following a chicken phall consumption. I'm restricted to dhansak these days, which I can cope with very well.

I've eaten curry leftovers for brekkies on a few occasions, too.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    The Blue Nile at Hazel Grove is probably the greatest curry house on the planet.

I hadn't been for ages but it's now the closest curry house to where we rehearse so we went for a band discussion recently.  Best curry I've had in a long time.  I suspect it'll become a regular thing.

I found the shot of Baileys they give you after a little odd though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    would that be the studio on the corner of High Lane @RedRabbit? I can see it from my house although not being in a band I've never been.

Cracking curry house the Blue Nile, i didnt get my shot of Baileys on Saturday for some reason, maybe they thought I didn't look old enough
    :))
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    That's the one - where Simpson Sausages used to be.  It's a decent studio and the guy who runs it is great.  I just wish he'd keep the vending machine stocked up on Yorkies.

I'm assuming the Baileys is a fairly recent thing.  I used to go quite a bit with work and they never bothered even if it was just a small group of us.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Prefer the fresh chillies in Jafrezi to the chilli powder in Vindaloo/Phaal concoctions.

You can choose to eat the little bastids, or not, then.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I prefer chicken naga to vindaloo these days. More flavour and less raw heat.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6327
    tFB Trader
    the weird thing for me is this: i can eat a vindaloo, madras even a phal to some degree but if i have ANYTHING with jalapeños in, its like the brown Niagara falls.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I had a vindaloo at the local curryhouse once.

Never again, on the bog every hour (without missing) from 4am until 10am. I thought I'd shat a lung at one point.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom