Watches ~~~~~~~ Again

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    jd0272 said:
    Have a nosey on Watchfinder if you don't mind used.

I bought a nearly new Rolex Sub from them, had no problems with the deal at all, although I did go in person.
    I've had great online service from them. Wasn't no Rolex tho!  :)

I break things too easily.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2111
    edited May 2015
    I have the Omega..

http://1drv.ms/1uaVWOa

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited May 2015
    Silver Automatic Mechanical Square Date Day Stainless Steel Band Men Sport Watch

Okay, this isn't a Tag Heuer Monaco, but it is a near replica, and is available for £16.95.  :)

It is obviously meant to be a Monaco copy!!!  Available from eBay:-

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/rocktron1948/Watch%20Square_zps8vtuayyn.jpg

This square Festina F16653/4 looks good:-

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/rocktron1948/Festina%20Square%20Watch_zpsqjkkz6bt.jpg

• RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    Rolex. You only live once.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3682
    Do watches costing upwards of £4000 pounds tell the time better than quartz digital watches costing £5?
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    Yes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Possibly not but they'll keep telling the time for longer.
    Plus resale value, which I know concerns a lot of you youngsters, is a lot better than a Casio.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    If you keep a decent swiss (or japanese) auto in a gently-moving vaccuum chamber it will keep reasonable time in 100 years. If you do that with a quartz digital it'l last maybe a couple of years.

That said, if you leave either in a bedside drawer, the digital wins. But the auto will still be a nicer artifact. Spending more than the minimum on a watch is about more than just telling time. But that minimum is only about £5. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6287
    Travis,

I wouldn't get something like that online or on ebay. Go to a few jewellers, in the flesh and do a deal. They will usually give you a good few quid off, you just have to be firm. The Monaco Calbre 12 is v nice, with the blue face. I'm not so keen on those lurid orange stipes on the Gulf one you have posted. Still, your choice innit!

theres a good few versions of the Monaco, ranging in price. Be aware that some of them if not all, have perspex glass that scratches and is prone to shattering.

I like the Monaco though, its very cool.

Bremont maybe a brand worth checking out, different, and again, very cool.

All depends on what you want to spend. As per usual. For a mid range watch that's different and holds its value well, I'd be going for an IWC Pilot's watch of some variety. Never over supplied, subtle and very very cool.

Panerai is another one, the Luminor GMT is nice, though they can be pricey, but are similar to the square shape of the Monaco, and they have a unique crown. NOt to everyone's taste, but IMO a bit more discerning.

• TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    @snap

Both your suggestions are stunners - we obviously have similar tastes in watches mate
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6287
    Excellent.

I've put my watch urges to bed. I've got 3 nice ones, and thats me done I reckon. I'm thinking about taking my Dad to the Patek Phillipe exhibition that is on at the end of May at the Saatchi Gallery. Its to celebrate the 175th anniversary and they are showing about 400 watches and there will be watchmakers doing demos and that. Very geeky, but I reckon he'd love it.

He has a Monaco, Panerai, and several IWCs, and has always wanted a Patek. Adn that is a good reason actually, to NOT take him!!