Cashing in on BB?

What's Hot
GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
For sale on The Gum Tree

"Gibson 335 B.B.King lucille 1989"
http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/gibson-335-b.b.king-lucille-1989/1116452530
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I just sent him a lovely message, involving the word syphilis and simpleton.
    2reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    mrchi;635212" said:
    Really? For trying to sell a guitar he/she owns?
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    Trying to cash in on his death this soon, hell yeah! You're right it's his guitar but so what, it's bad taste
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    mrchi said:
    Trying to cash in on his death this soon, hell yeah! You're right it's his guitar but so what, it's bad taste
    Am I missing something?    I thought it looked expensive but I'm not sure how much that model normally goes for.  I can't see anything else in the ad that looks out of place - just an advert for a guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3454
    I'd expect that to be a 1200 quid guitar normally....
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10518
    Is that the going rate for one of those or has it been inflated due to recent events.

Haven't a clue about these guitars.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    Average selling price for a late 80s early 90s is 1759 at the most, this is pure cashing in,
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    mrchi;635237" said:
    So how long would be OK? A week, a month or a year?
    Your new job of policing the Internet for BB King related cash ins is going to keep you mighty busy over the coming months
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Andertons had a Lucille on prime display yesterday as a tribute. Is it cashing in to try and make a sale following his passing? Let the gumtree dude price his kit how he sees fit. It wont sell, dont insult him for being optimistic
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5724
    mrchi said:

mrchi said:
    I'm pretty sure sending them a message with with words "syphilis and simpleton" is in bad taste.  God forbid anyone wants to sell one of these guitars on here over the coming weeks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    I can pretty much do what I want guys, if I think it's bad taste that's my prerogative, it was a humorous, and jovial put down to a person attempting to get people to part with more cash than its worth. Some people here need to remove some holier than thou sticks from certain crevices.
    1reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    mrchi said:
    I can pretty much do what I want guys, if I think it's bad taste that's my prerogative, it was a humorous, and jovial put down to a person attempting to get people to part with more cash than its worth. Some people here need to remove some holier than thou sticks from certain crevices.
    Just as you say, the person selling the guitar can also do what they want, and they can sell the guitar at whatever price they want.   You're the one with the holier than thou attitude taking the moral high ground saying it's too to cash in on BB King's death.  Pot kettle black. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
    mrchi;635256" said:
    I'll work it out my ass if you do the same?
    'Awibble'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yes yes, I'm a bad person, I will apologise to him immediately. You have rocked me to the core, I am a changed person and will follow the general consensus regardless.
    I will now approach everything in life with the utmost seriousness it deserves.

Thankyou for showing me the light.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hertz32;635279" said:
    [quote="mrchi;635256"]I can pretty much do what I want guys, if I think it's bad taste that's my prerogative, it was a humorous, and jovial put down to a person attempting to get people to part with more cash than its worth. Some people here need to remove some holier than thou sticks from certain crevices.
    [/quote]

You want me to work it out of your ass? man my evenings just got a lot more fun :-D
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Red???
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

mrchi said:
    Yes yes, I'm a bad person, I will apologise to him immediately. You have rocked me to the core, I am a changed person and will follow the general consensus regardless.
    I will now approach everything in life with the utmost seriousness it deserves.

Thankyou for showing me the light.

you are coming across as looking like a complete dick to be honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
    @bingefella Jesus christ bud get a sense of humour!
    mrchi;635284" said:
    [quote="Hertz32;635279"][quote="mrchi;635256"]I can pretty much do what I want guys, if I think it's bad taste that's my prerogative, it was a humorous, and jovial put down to a person attempting to get people to part with more cash than its worth. Some people here need to remove some holier than thou sticks from certain crevices.
    [/quote]

You want me to work it out of your ass? man my evenings just got a lot more fun :-D [/quote]

Well okay... But only if you dress up as a puppy and crawl around on the floor barking like a dog.
    'Awibble'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I wouldn't have it any other way, :-)
This discussion has been closed.