Help me pick my next colour scheme - photoshoppers welcome!

What's Hot
So I've committed to @GSPBASSES beautiful f hole tele.  It looks like this.

I need a colour scheme! My options are Wudtone Conch Girl (shell pink), like this but slightly translucent and with sunken grain:

A nice two tone burst, like this strat, but with binding:

Lady teal with silver highlights (but top bound, obviously):

Or other? It has the potential to be a very beautiful looking guitar, but I'm spoilt for choice! I'm leaning to shell pink.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    Lady teal. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

I got an alert saying I was mentioned here. (for the admins)

Glad it did - I got the first wow in ... that feels like a win on Thursdays.

Dare I ask how much?  I do by the way pm me please if not comfortable announcing it :)

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Not much at all, I was tempted meself but have got too much on the go already.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Shell Pink oddly enough, but solid, not wood stain would be my preference. I'm also a sucker for a two tone sunburst on a tele. Who was it on here, that did an incredible two tone sunburst tele then refinished it about 4 more times?
  • frankus said:

I got an alert saying I was mentioned here. (for the admins)

Glad it did - I got the first wow in ... that feels like a win on Thursdays.

Dare I ask how much?  I do by the way pm me please if not comfortable announcing it :)

Definitely never mentioned you, dude. But glad you dropped by, it looks gorgeous! It's a 'B-Stock' because of those small mineral stains... He has bloody high standards! 

The thread is on the classifieds, two partscaster for sale. :) There was a maple one too but I'm all about dark fingerboards! I think both have gone, now. He did say he has a solid body TC though... And I can attest that his work is fabulous, custom shop quality. 

Lady teal. 
    Any reason? It's going to hopefully have vintage style hardware, three steel saddles and nickel plate stuff. 

Shell Pink oddly enough, but solid, not wood stain would be my preference. I'm also a sucker for a two tone sunburst on a tele. Who was it on here, that did an incredible two tone sunburst tele then refinished it about 4 more times?
    Here is a wudtone picture:

Very attractive, methinks...

But I also love burst Teles.  John Fru has a three tone custom... Which I love, but would need to Nitro to get it right.  And I don't have the skills or the equipment to do that, even with rattle cans. :( so a decent, dark, vintage style two tone would be on the cards. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    The grain on that body tempted me. I could see it in a faint rosewood stain, like the fretboard but no where near as dark.  This would bring out the grain, hide the knot marks behind the bridge, and contrast with the white binding. Then sprayed with clear satin polyurethane varnish.  The F hole would have been black.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    The grain on that body tempted me. I could see it in a faint rosewood stain, like the fretboard but no where near as dark.  This would bring out the grain, hide the knot marks behind the bridge, and contrast with the white binding. Then sprayed with clear satin polyurethane varnish.  The F hole would have been black.

I already have a brown guitar (well bass) and, nice though it is, I don't want too many poo brown guitars ;)

The grain is lovely, though.  I'm kinda leaning towards burst now, make sure it's showing it off a bit...
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    Lovely piece of timber that, I'd go for with teal, just a stunning colour.
    I did a body in blue stain (my avatar) and the Tru Oil turned it teal, but I shot it with black for the grain, it's just amazing colour which I'm sure you would not regret.
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    I retract my earlier statement about solid Shell Pink, that example looks great!
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    lady teal all the way, thats the kind of colour I was aiming for when i built my flying v 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Burst.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    With that beautiful grain pattern I'd go for something very translucent. 
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1245
    edited May 2015
    My first thought was burst, given the grain.
    However, when you put all the gubbins on, you'll probably cover up the most dramatic details with a classic 2-tone burst.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Pink or Gretsch Orange
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    I already have a brown guitar (well bass) and, nice though it is, I don't want too many poo brown guitars ;)

The grain is lovely, though.  I'm kinda leaning towards burst now, make sure it's showing it off a bit...
    In which case I'd do it a golden colour like the middle of @Basher's example, but keep the white binding
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Trans shell pink works for me

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gizmo;649465" said:
    Wow, that actually looks pretty great!

Could you (cheeky ask, I know) mock it up in a teal colour for me, based on wudtone lady teal?

I reckon either would work great with the binding. Fabby!
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3129
    Gizmo said:

I don't usually go for pink (or tele shapes for that matter!), but that looks fantastic  :)
  • geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119

Any reason? It's going to hopefully have vintage style hardware, three steel saddles and nickel plate stuff. 

Nothing specific - just caught my eye and really stood out. Pink was close second. Think I love the grain through the teal...

• geepers0677;649597" said:

Nothing specific - just caught my eye and really stood out. Pink was close second. Think I love the grain through the teal...
    Totally going for pink right now, but only because of that mock up! I'm probably going for a mint pick guard, though. Not a big fan of pearloid...

I really want to see a teal mock up but have no photoshop skills. I don't know what guard would work best there - maybe mint, but parchment or white 3 ply could be good, too.