Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    rsvmark said:
    Confused? I have lost a dragon in that punch up!
    Yep
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    The blue one - yes. Other 2 still ok according to E4 trailers, and Ghost the wolf
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9105
    Holy crap that was mind bogglingly legendary. Little Lyanna Mormont for the win!!!!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3219
    I thought the darkness really added to the confusion of the battle, I really thought they were all going to be overwhelmed, realised at times I was holding my breath...great ending, where the hell will it go next? Proper epic viewing.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    We waited until it was dark outside, turned all of the lights off and had the fully immersive cinema feel. We could see everything and didn’t have to adjust the TV at all.

Best episode of TV in a VERY long time, great plot with tension, surprise, and even a little humour.

Three-way dragon dog fight? OH YES

Dothraki Hoard bloodbath? BIG TIME

Crypt Wights? ABSOLUTELY

My only complaint was the Night King’s prosthetics. The wights and commanders all look awesome yet he looks like they stuck play dough to his face and painted it. His eyes were awful too.

Overall? 10/10
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9105
    The Ep 4 trailer I saw looks a lot brighter with scenes in King's Landing and a rampant Cersei spitting vitriol and venom. Have the northern allies got enough juice left in the tank?
    There’s about 5 of them left. 

Smart money says they all go fuck it, retire to a beach condo in Dorne.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14198
    edited April 2019
    RiftAmps said:
    We waited until it was dark outside, turned all of the lights off and had the fully immersive cinema feel. We could see everything and didn’t have to adjust the TV at all.

Best episode of TV in a VERY long time, great plot with tension, surprise, and even a little humour.

Three-way dragon dog fight? OH YES

Dothraki Hoard bloodbath? BIG TIME

Crypt Wights? ABSOLUTELY

My only complaint was the Night King’s prosthetics. The wights and commanders all look awesome yet he looks like they stuck play dough to his face and painted it. His eyes were awful too.

Overall? 10/10
    Agreed, when the Dothraki charged and they all sat on the wall watching the lights of their flaming swords go out and some empty horses came back, the fear and trepidation was palpable. It was a real “oh fuck" moment

not showing the Dothraki massacre but just hinting at it with sound and distant shots was a real Hitchcock moment that built tension perfectly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 761
    Biggest let down that we didn’t get to see more of the White Walker army getting involved in the fighting and finding out truly who then Night King was. After 10 year of watching, it was something I’m sure we all wanted to see. I don’t like it when things like that just get left and we never find out.

Jon was the obvious one to kill him but if you seen the wee part after the credits then the producers explain they always thought Jon was the obvious one so they had Arya penned to kill him for the past 3 years. It was brilliant when it happened, but would have been more epic if he’d maybe already defeated Jon (not killed him, just battered him)

I actually wondered if it might be Sam, as a kind of unexpecting hero like in LOTR. But then as above, he’s maybe already had his hero moment, and now Arya has had hers. 

Defo could have killed off another big character. The Hound needs to stay as he’ll get revenge on The Mountain I think, but Podrick and Brianne could have been killed. 

I’m sure there will be a few big twists and sneaky parts to come from Cercie, but that’s to be expected - it probably won’t be as tense as last night because none of us knew what to expect
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14198
    Biggest let down that we didn’t get to see more of the White Walker army getting involved in the fighting and finding out truly who then Night King was. After 10 year of watching, it was something I’m sure we all wanted to see. I don’t like it when things like that just get left and we never find out.

Jon was the obvious one to kill him but if you seen the wee part after the credits then the producers explain they always thought Jon was the obvious one so they had Arya penned to kill him for the past 3 years. It was brilliant when it happened, but would have been more epic if he’d maybe already defeated Jon (not killed him, just battered him)

I actually wondered if it might be Sam, as a kind of unexpecting hero like in LOTR. But then as above, he’s maybe already had his hero moment, and now Arya has had hers. 

Defo could have killed off another big character. The Hound needs to stay as he’ll get revenge on The Mountain I think, but Podrick and Brianne could have been killed. 

I’m sure there will be a few big twists and sneaky parts to come from Cercie, but that’s to be expected - it probably won’t be as tense as last night because none of us knew what to expect
    Yes, I agree, I think after all the mystery and suspense over the Night King all these years to see him slain without really disrupting the south too much is a bit deflating, he was a bit of a flop really wasn't he? First battle south of the wall and the whole wight army is gone. "If it hadn't been for those meddling kids"

Surely this can't be the highlight of the season though, there has to be be something even more epic in store, perhaps a quieter episode or two but I hope there are some unimaginable surprises to come.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Jesus, did it really need to be an hour and a half? Most of the episode was swinging swords about in the dark, it was getting tiresome. The only reason I was glad the Night King got merked was because it meant the episode was going to finish.

Bit disappointed that 8 seasons of build-up with the Night King etc is ended in a bit of a cheap way (as said above).

It's still good telly, but I'm glad it's ending. It's never topped the first 3/4 seasons (remember when major characters used to die every week?!) and is really starting to stretch the limits of belief.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4850
    I loved it. There are a lot haters on social media complaining a little girl killed the night king. I think it was great and a total surprise.
    Now the rest of the North will rally (remember some houses did not come to Winter fell like the Karstarks)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248

Yes, I agree, I think after all the mystery and suspense over the Night King all these years to see him slain without really disrupting the south too much is a bit deflating, he was a bit of a flop really wasn't he? First battle south of the wall and the whole wight army is gone. "If it hadn't been for those meddling kids"

Surely this can't be the highlight of the season though, there has to be be something even more epic in store, perhaps a quieter episode or two but I hope there are some unimaginable surprises to come.
    I told the Night King that he should have carried on down the M1:
    Gather millions of new dead from down south (if you visit places like Rhodes, i.e. old large medieval style cities like Kingslanding, the necropolis outside the cities contain at least 10 times as many dead as the cities do)
    Kill al the people in Kingslanding, raise them as dead warriors, then do a national tour of Westeros
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I wasn't surprised that Arya killed ol' blue eyes. She's been turned into a bad-ass assassin over many season so was destined for a big kill like that.

We're watching it via the Now TV app on my phone and Google Chromecast to the TV so changing the TV settings had no effect, but we watched it with the curtains drawn and lights out and it looked fine. Sure it was confusing in places but that put you "in the battle".

First season we've watched when it's broadcast, we've always waited and binge watched the DVDs before, so this waiting 7 days for the next episode is rubbish!

Need to watch it on Blu-ray, Netflix compression did not help with picture quality
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    It was good TV but if you apply any kind of logic to it to the battle it really starts to bug you.

With such overwhelming force coming, the first line of defence is to charge?  Have they not watched Braveheart?  Especially when it's all in the dark.  Why did they not use the Dragons to light up the path in front of them?

Also they knew he can raise the dead,  then the forces should really set a trap from the beginning to get the NK, not fight his army dead on since any of your dead will be his.

The battle, with all the supposedly smart people they really lack all tactics.

But it made for good TV.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I did think the music was great in the final scenes, that mournful solo piano then building up with the cellos was epic. I'll watch it again and pay more attention to the score all the way through.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10967
    I'm still watching it but for me it's a bit corny now ...pandering to what the viewers want rather than giving them something they didn't know they wanted which is ultimately more rewarding. 

So is the night kind dead now ? was he not dead before anyway ? ..... the last episode was basically the Walking Dead cue zombie munching flesh noises and gruesome beheadings etc. 

It's a shame because the original writing was original and overall politics based rather than central character based ... in this format you have latitude to kill lead character's in support of the general narrative .... this gives the best episodes like red wedding. Once you base the show around the actual characters that option goes and it all becomes a bit cliched for me. Shame cos when it hit it's stride in season 2 to 4 it was a great watch    
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    edited April 2019
    My personal ending would have the undead swarm kings landing, the hero's narrowly escaping Winterfell and sneaking into Kings landing for the final kill.
    This would truly give Cercie the creeps, 
    After the NK gets killed have Tyrion stand in front of Cercie with her shouting to Bron to kill him. Then he just says. "You always were a little bitch" shoots her then rapes her whilst she is bleeding out his final words being "I always wanted to fuck a queen"

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    It would have been nice to have some sort of expanded background on the night king. Who he was, his intentions, why was he after Bran? I just felt it left a lot of unanswered questions.

It will be interesting to see what the next episode will be like, I genuinely thought Cersei was going to have struck up a deal with the Night King. I read online that somebody must have struck a deal with him previously, as he was being given sacrifices before. I don't trust Dany or Varys, I think Varys is working for Cersei and I'm expecting Dany to go Throne mad and will kill Jon to get her bum on the Throne.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.