Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Cabin fever is kicking in and I keep looking at the Helix LT and wondering whether to drop the pounds... the Helix Stomp is hard to find right now. Andertons are selling at £500, nearly £100 above everywhere else that had them .Hmmm. 
    I've just had an email from my local independent shop saying they're still open for business sending out via dpd.
    They've got a stomp for £419

https://musicstreet.co.uk/collections/line6-1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23150
    @Dontgiveupyourdayjob thanks for that. A Pod Go looks like it'd be ideal for me. I can wait for a Go. Perhaps I'll stick in a pre-order for one of them. I don't want anything complex, a couple of drives, get some external stuff in via the effects loop, and then the amps. 

@guitarmangler pre-orders only. Very few places have them in. Guitarguitar have got some that came in today. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    edited April 2020
    @Heartfeltdawn - aye, and they instantly raised their prices from £409 yesterday, to £469 today!
    ^^
    I saw. It's worse than the bloody FTSE!

edited April 2020
    From the Line 6 Pod Go forum:

https://i.imgur.com/qEIgFm8.png

sadfase!

America through Musicians Friend seems to be mid May. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabin fever is kicking in and I keep looking at the Helix LT and wondering whether to drop the pounds... the Helix Stomp is hard to find right now. Andertons are selling at £500, nearly £100 above everywhere else that had them .Hmmm. 
    Hi @Heartfeltdawn on order at PMT £409 https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/line-6-hx-stomp-multi-fx-pedal I snapped one up for £409 from Peach. Maybe mine was a shop demo?
  • Actually why are the HX Stomp prices all over the place? I got mine from Peach for £409. Mine still had the screen protector on and rubber feet which hadn’t been attached to the unit... outer slip case had some small creases due to possible rough handling by DPD. 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    @Cirrus So Ive been looking at the Laney cabs over my Yamaha DXR10. How are you finding? Do you use the Cab emulation part?
    Actually why are the HX Stomp prices all over the place? I got mine from Peach for £409. Mine still had the screen protector on and rubber feet which hadn’t been attached to the unit... outer slip case had some small creases due to possible rough handling by DPD. 
    Demand. Once most places sell out, the places that have them raise their prices. From what I see Peach and PMT are pre-ordering right now for £409, Andertons have them in stock for £499 and now Guitarguitar have them for £469. 

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Jetfire said:
    @Cirrus So Ive been looking at the Laney cabs over my Yamaha DXR10. How are you finding?
    It's very easy to find thanks to the LED light strip.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    @Cirrus thanks
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    OK so I've not used it at loud, play along with a drummer volume. But I'm very impressed with it. I use it in FRFR mode, my thinking being that IRs are such an important part of a patches sound that it's important to hear it, rather than use the built in cab models. So I have no idea how good the 1x12 and 4x12 settings are.

It's got plenty of power, and is quite weighty. I think the weight matters - if you want a lightweight convenient speaker it's a turn off, but I like gear that might be gigged to be solid, and not liable to wander about on vibrating, rickety stages or tip over when knocked etc.

Sound wise... I think the mass of the cab and the fact it's a cuboid wooden box about the size of a small-ish combo amp help it sound right in terms of low end, transient response, and behaving like a guitar cab in terms of sound dispersion. Modern class-d amps are amazing, but dsp can only do so much when you're dealing with an ergonomically shaped plastic box, I think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Helix journey continues... made a new L6 account and have spent some time with Helix Native. It's actually winning me over. Really enjoyed playing it. 

So now the decision: 

-Helix Stomp is currently available but overpriced. Will I want the extra knobs? Probably

-Helix LT. More expensive and I know I'll want to go FRFR with it. 

-Pod Go won't be here for ages and it would be an utter pisser to wait and wait for it and then the lockdown gets ended and I'm back to work*

Ah fuck it. I'm going to have a smoke and think about it some more.

*yeah yeah, I know that's a real 1st world pisser compared to the horrors some people are facing but bear with me :)

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1009
    Packing in the smoking is the best advice I can give on the subject. 

I’ve had a full fat helix. Now have the stomp because I missed dedicated delays, reverbs and fuzzes. The stomp is great just as a mini practice rig too. Works well for me. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    Packing in the smoking is the best advice I can give on the subject. 

I’ve had a full fat helix. Now have the stomp because I missed dedicated delays, reverbs and fuzzes. The stomp is great just as a mini practice rig too. Works well for me. 
    I was deliberating over this option as well, but have gone with the Floor again as having an all-in-one unit is marginally more attractive to me right now. If that doesn’t work out then I expect I’ll revert to a HX Stomp + select pedals option instead - we’ll see! 
    Cheers, chaps. 'fraid the smoking is staying for a while. At about 3 a day, it's calm enough for now and the only vice I have in this sexless drinkless looking after children far too much world :dissapointed: 

I went for the LT in the end as I really do want an all in one for now. Should be here tomorrow via PMT. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367
    Nice. I've got a Stomp but I do keep eyeing up the LT as a way of cutting down on everything else... 
    Nice. I've got a Stomp but I do keep eyeing up the LT as a way of cutting down on everything else... 
    Native convinced me after an hour of hammering out tracks from the first two Suede albums. Then all the pros and cons for LT versus Stomp went on. Small size of Stomp was appealing but I had a feeling I'd end up wanting extra footswitches. 

Give it a month and I'll be yakking about FRFR cabs and all the usual!

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367
    Yeah to be honest given that I've got a stomp and native I really don't "need" an LT in the slightest.

Unfortunately my PC causes terrible interference with my guitar though so I tend not to use native for just general playing. 
  • Helix journey continues... made a new L6 account and have spent some time with Helix Native. It's actually winning me over. Really enjoyed playing it. 

So now the decision: 

-Helix Stomp is currently available but overpriced. Will I want the extra knobs? Probably

-Helix LT. More expensive and I know I'll want to go FRFR with it. 

-Pod Go won't be here for ages and it would be an utter pisser to wait and wait for it and then the lockdown gets ended and I'm back to work*

Ah fuck it. I'm going to have a smoke and think about it some more.

*yeah yeah, I know that's a real 1st world pisser compared to the horrors some people are facing but bear with me :)
    The HX Stomp is a brilliant tool, I panicked bought mine just a few days before this covid stuff really kicked off. The Stomp and my black box sampler have turned out to be the best purchases of the year. For headphone practice it’s super and everyone in my household is happy to not have to hear me. Just make sure you’ve got some relatively high ohm studio phones 250 ohm should do it.