Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7494
    TTBZ said:
    I haven't found the switching that laggy or gain too noisy, at least on the 205H. Overdrive orange channel is where it's at for me and the programmable footswitch makes it handy for gigs with the 2 masters etc - that said I could accomplish all that and more on a Stomp with a few snapshots, into a Powerstage 170 or something.
    I had the 410h so its possible its different. I used to flip back and forth between using the quieter crunch red with a boost versus Orange Od1 which had some hiss. It wasnt bad enough that I needed a gate but its definitely louder than the same apparent gain level in either my jet city or JVM. 

The switching had a small silence in between the channel change and was confirmed as intentional by teh amp designer although I never got a clouseout whether then length of mine was correct or not (seemed to be 50% longer than the value the designer expected).

Like I said though a decent amp but definitely not top tier. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 149
    TTBZ said:
    I haven't found the switching that laggy or gain too noisy, at least on the 205H. Overdrive orange channel is where it's at for me and the programmable footswitch makes it handy for gigs with the 2 masters etc - that said I could accomplish all that and more on a Stomp with a few snapshots, into a Powerstage 170 or something.
    I had the 410h so its possible its different. I used to flip back and forth between using the quieter crunch red with a boost versus Orange Od1 which had some hiss. It wasnt bad enough that I needed a gate but its definitely louder than the same apparent gain level in either my jet city or JVM. 

The switching had a small silence in between the channel change and was confirmed as intentional by teh amp designer although I never got a clouseout whether then length of mine was correct or not (seemed to be 50% longer than the value the designer expected).

Like I said though a decent amp but definitely not top tier. 
    Sounds like it has its flaws then. I was referring to the sound of it really, played a couple through 4x12s  over the years and loved the tone of both of them, played on the heavier crunch and OD settings. Seems like they have a lot of versatility, but if you have switching lag, that would be a problem for live work. 
    edited April 2020
    See if this works.  @mark_jwedge & @TTBZ:

Left side guitar amp settings:

Right and lead guitar amp settings:

Right IR used:

Left IR was the M160 cap at either 0 or 3 inches back (The IR name has been clipped on my stomp IR lest). High and low pass settings are the same as in the above picture.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 328
    @IMC1980 brilliant!!! Thank you very much for that. I have downloaded the free Marshall IRs from Redwirez so will give this a blast!! Cheers!
    No worries @mark_jwedge, there is a drive pedal in front of both of the amps, if you need those settings as well, just let me know.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    2.9 has just been released =)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2466
    shuikit said:
    2.9 has just been released =)
    It’s awesome. Been playing with it today. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4266
    oooohhhh what's new ?

• sweepy said:
    oooohhhh what's new ?

Link.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • JotaJota Frets: 466
    I skipped 2.81 but not this one.
    There's a few things that might be very handy.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    I am loving the mocking of those who kept demanding meters.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• nick79nick79 Frets: 275
    Revv Purple is awesome. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 643
    Nice one Line6. Looking forward to updating later. 
    Live show starts at 8 on the line 6 Facebook page folks. If you’re really bored pop over. Something will almost certainly go wrong. 

Setting everything up for this, I’ve actually found hxfx to be much more versatile than I thought. Spare pedalboard build coming soon! 

• Jota said:
    I skipped 2.81 but not this one.
    There's a few things that might be very handy.

Ditto!

I presume the new models will also be made available to the Pod Go in due course? I'm mulling over potentially making the swap from HX Stomp to the Pod Go but haven't made up my mind yet!

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 625
    Oh my word, I'm loving the dynamic splitter!  Can really even things out without squashing the hell out of everything with a compressor.  Trying at the mo with just compressing the quieter parts leaving full dynamics on heavier playing.  Interesting, very interesting.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    ^ I’ve been wanting to try something like that for years. Looking forward to giving it a try soon :)
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 852
    edited April 2020
    Live show starts at 8 on the line 6 Facebook page folks. If you’re really bored pop over. Something will almost certainly go wrong. 

Setting everything up for this, I’ve actually found hxfx to be much more versatile than I thought. Spare pedalboard build coming soon! 
    Thanks for answering my question on OD pedals HX FX vs in a loop, wasnt sure if I was missing something!

Thanks for answering my question on OD pedals HX FX vs in a loop, wasnt sure if I was missing something!
    No problem. You know the weirdest thing about doing those streams is not being able hear what you’re hearing. Pretty freaky. I knew something would go wrong. 

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7494
    ooh the dynamic split sounds fun, i was palying with a hack to get this in the last version by gating. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ