Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367
    Just updated to 2.9, looking forward to trying out the Red Llama, I like the real pedal a lot. 

A quick warning to some of you, after updating my Stomp a lot of my global settings had changed (notably the volume control jumped back to its default behaviour which really confused me for a few minutes). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 466
    edited April 2020
    Well, it wasn't just the tuner. All sounds were the same, volume didn't work and analog bypass muted the sound!
    For some reason is back to normal now but I'm worried it could happen again...
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2466
    There are a few bugs which we are working on. Should be a new firmware pretty soon. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Great.
    I'm back in 2.81 for now.
    2.91 now appears to have been released. 

• 2.91 now appears to have been released. 

Important update instructions and release notes.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4266
    Tuner seems to work now
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4375
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 615
    edited April 2020
    Downloaded 2.9 for my LT and all was fine. My tuner tuned. Volume volumed.
    Cut to today when I was unable to get snapshots working. Hmm. 2.91? OK cool! Still no snapshots (other than getting them to work on the up and down buttons).
    Back to 2.8, and all is great. Note to self. Don't download software until everyone else tells you that it works.
    EDIT ignore me. I re checked line 6's forum and a few other people had the same issue as me. I'd forgotten to press mode! Doh!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    Loving the Rouge Peruvian mammal. I'm testing the Native version until you all say the hardware versions are stable. I can't play any gigs anyway :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I've updated my full fat helix to 2.91 this evening and everything is working fine - snapshots, presets, etc.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7494
    2.91 now appears to have been released. 

Important update instructions and release notes.
    and i literally jsut setup my 4CM preset template.........and i see one of them is a 3db boost in the mixer block so def gonna need to amke some adjusments. still if tap tempo is fixed its all good. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3798
    MtB said:
    I've updated my full fat helix to 2.91 this evening and everything is working fine - snapshots, presets, etc.
    Likewise.  I hadn't experienced any problems with 2.90.  The only thing that I needed to do was to reset the layout to preset / snapshot and set the tuner to strobe.  Going 2.90 to 2.91 I didn't even need to do this.  All presets and IRs rebuilt without the need to restore from backup (which I, of course, made).

Updated my Stomp yesterday to 2.91 and this morning all was working like it should.
    Thanks Line6 people for the quick fix.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4905
    Jota said:
    Updated my Stomp yesterday to 2.91 and this morning all was working like it should.
    What’s it like for the stomp?

Quite a bit seems missing on the stomp, understandably, but I do fancy trying the phaser.

Jota said:
    What’s it like for the stomp?

Quite a bit seems missing on the stomp, understandably, but I do fancy trying the phaser.

Haven't tried much but the Red Llama seems nice and there's a bass drive, I think, that sounded quite good on guitar.
    In all the excitement about the Red Llama i missed that there is a Small Stone. Need to get on that tonight! 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1063
    Has anyone found useful tones from the Line6 Customtone website? Would be good to know what ones you have success with.

I’ve been testing some out (Fender cleans - Crunchy Classic Rock tones) with mixed results.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • In all the excitement about the Red Llama i missed that there is a Small Stone. Need to get on that tonight! 
    I have an early 90’s big box Small Stone, and compared the model in Helix Native to it yesterday.

it is *very* convincing. Was impressed.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23156
    edited April 2020
    I had a good tinker with LT today after using Native almost exclusively recently. Been playing so much on the laptop with the KA2 interface and AT-M50X headphones and I'm very happy with Native. 

Using LT with headphones, the sound and level changes depending on whether you set the output to Multi, 1/4", and XLR. 

Why is that?