Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367
    i'm interested in doing a bit more playing with headphones with my stomp. 

Anyone got any particularly good patches/tips/settings/videos for Vox and Fender clean-ish tones using Stomp plus headphones? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 469

Anyone got any particularly good patches/tips/settings/videos for Vox and Fender clean-ish tones using Stomp plus headphones? 
    The M Britt ones are worth getting for these. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    @Digital_Igloo awesome! I've been looking at either the Laney IRT studio or the PRS MT15 but there seems to some issue with the MT15 because it seems to use a special footswitch and may blow the Helix relay? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367

I watched his demo on YouTube. Loads of Marshall crunch tones, but very few clean tones and no Fender ones at all? 
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 460

I watched his demo on YouTube. Loads of Marshall crunch tones, but very few clean tones and no Fender ones at all? 
    https://youtu.be/I-i_i1nrRy0
  • JotaJota Frets: 466
    Can't remember if it was here or Facebook but some weeks ago someone was talking about recording through USB vs Main output to an interface.
    I said I don't find much of a difference but I have a patch that changed my mind.
    Through USB it sounds super harsh, kinda like when you connect a fuzz pedal directly into the recording board. Through the main out it sounds glorious and exactly like what I experience listening through the headphones output.
    This never happens with my other presets, just this one (Supro amp and a couple of cabs).
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 233

I would say 10 of the 32 are intended as clean:  have you seen the description?
    https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=http://mbritt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/M-Britt-Helix-Preset-Pack-1.pdf&hl=en
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23161
    Jota said:
    Can't remember if it was here or Facebook but some weeks ago someone was talking about recording through USB vs Main output to an interface.
    I said I don't find much of a difference but I have a patch that changed my mind.
    Through USB it sounds super harsh, kinda like when you connect a fuzz pedal directly into the recording board. Through the main out it sounds glorious and exactly like what I experience listening through the headphones output.
    This never happens with my other presets, just this one (Supro amp and a couple of cabs).
    It might well have been me talking about using headphones and changing the output away from Multi. Off to work soon so I'll put in some thoughts on it later...

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2466
    Going live on the Helix user group in 5 mins. Sorry, forgot to say. I'm building a preset for use in a function band. If you think it might be useful, come tune in. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 543
    Can’t make it, will it be recorded?
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1198
    edited May 2020
    Interesting video here tone matching the Friedman BE100 amp on the Axe FX3 and the Helix. Sounds the same to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBn37_g_78
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    SteveF said:
    Yeah it’s up there now. All my rambling and everything. 

SteveF said:
    Do you have a link please?
    SteveF said:
    Can’t share it for some reason. It’s on the official(ish) Helix user group on Facebook. 

• SteveF said:
    Can’t share it for some reason. It’s on the official(ish) Helix user group on Facebook. 
    SteveF said:
    You will have to join the group to watch it.
    About that line out vs USB recording thing.
    Here's a sound recorded through the line out of my HX Stomp into an audio interface and then into my PC using Reaper (it sounds exactly like when I use HX Stomp headphones out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2asgmczrnquezj/Stomp line out.mp3?dl=0
    Here is the same exact loop recorded through USB out into the same PC and Reaper (It sounds very different than the HX Stomp headphones out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp30r7mnwa5d7es/Stomp USB out.mp3?dl=0

I understand the interface pre amp is doing something but why does it sound so different between the headphones out and the USB out?

SteveF said:
    SteveF said:
    You will have to join the group to watch it.
    Found it, thank you. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000
    I saw @Digital_Igloo mention favourites are becoming a thing in 3.0. 

Have I missed an announcement or is it just something they've let out early? 
    Jota said:
    About that line out vs USB recording thing.
    Here's a sound recorded through the line out of my HX Stomp into an audio interface and then into my PC using Reaper (it sounds exactly like when I use HX Stomp headphones out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2asgmczrnquezj/Stomp line out.mp3?dl=0
    Here is the same exact loop recorded through USB out into the same PC and Reaper (It sounds very different than the HX Stomp headphones out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp30r7mnwa5d7es/Stomp USB out.mp3?dl=0

I understand the interface pre amp is doing something but why does it sound so different between the headphones out and the USB out?

Well, I just found that indeed the Global EQ doesn't affect USB out. Makes no sense to me but ok, Guess I'll still use my interface to record.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4375
    sgosden said:
    I saw @Digital_Igloo mention favourites are becoming a thing in 3.0. 

Have I missed an announcement or is it just something they've let out early? 
    The latter - no official announcements just yet!