^ that now feels like a very likely situation
    Surely not, he's probably as frustrated as the buyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 699
    edited July 2020
    John_A said:
    ^ that now feels like a very likely situation
    Surely not, he's probably as frustrated as the buyer
    It's definitely the same unit unless he's somehow taken a bunch of time to slide all the innards from one case to another. There are a couple of telltale surface marks that are easily distinguishable from the videos he's sent.

I'm away for a week now and he's onto Line6 so will update when I get home.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    Anyone taken part in the Survey Gizmo questionnaire yet?  Check your emails as you probably have a Line6 email somewhere, sent in the last few days.

“If you take action now through August 23rd and complete the survey you can get 30% off any purchases from the Line 6 Marketplace, where you can find impulse responses and presets from some of the most respected names in the industry.”
  • Nope, hadn't seen it
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    Nope, hadn't seen it
    @guitargeek62 ;
    I only got it yesterday, I presume you have your Line6 gear registered?
    There’s slightly different ones depending on if you own a Helix Floor/Rack/LT/Stomp
  • Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    I watched that the other day. Was quite interesting. I loved seeing the other designs.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 312
    A nice bit of Helix history there - I learned how to control YouTube using the Helix from that that video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thinking out loud, really.

The Stomp/Helix let you do cool routing with parallel effects etc. Can you do that with the HX FX or is it a fixed linear chain? 
  • Thinking out loud, really.

The Stomp/Helix let you do cool routing with parallel effects etc. Can you do that with the HX FX or is it a fixed linear chain? 
    Within the limits of 9 blocks and no amps or cabs, I think the HX FX can do everything the Helix can do, plus MIDI, which the Stomp cannot. Same HX Edit as the rest. No idea about the processors or memory inside. 
  • Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Sneaky sneaky!!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4378
    edited November 2020
    Not for me it's not - that link seems to be broken and I can't see it on the site

Scratch that - I found it!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4378
    edited November 2020

HOLY SHIT!!! WE GOT A VH4!!!!!!!

*edit* this is a hell of an update, great work guys - I'll get it installed and try it out this evening. It reads like a full-on wishlist of the remaining changes and additions that I'd want:

Condensed version of the release notes below:

New Amps

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Stomp

• US Princess, based on* the Fender® Princeton Reverb
    • Das Benzin Mega, based on* the Mega channel of the Diezel VH4
    • Das Benzin Lead, based on* the Lead channel of the Diezel VH4

New Cabs

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Stomp

• 1x10 US Princess, based on* the Fender® Princeton Reverb cab
    • 1x12 US Princess, based on* the Fender® Princeton Reverb with a 12" Alnico Blue driver

New Effects

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp

• Distortion > Horizon Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive. Includes an extra Gate Range parameter that, when set to "Extended," drops the gate's threshold down to -90dB
    • Distortion > Swedish Chainsaw (Mono, Stereo), based on* the BOSS® HM-2 Heavy Metal Distortion (Made in Japan black label)
    • Distortion > Pocket Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), inspired by* the Jordan Boss Tone fuzz
    • Distortion > Bighorn Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on* the 1973 Electro-Harmonix® Ram's Head Big Muff Pi
    • Distortion > Ballistic Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Euthymia ICBM fuzz
    • Dynamics > Horizon Gate (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive's gate circuit. Includes an extra Gate Range parameter that, when set to "Extended," drops the gate's threshold down to -90dB. Works best before an amp
    • EQ > Acoustic Sim (Mono, Stereo), based on* the BOSS® AC-2 Acoustic Simulator. Can be used alone or in conjunction with an acoustic IR
    • Modulation > Poly Detune (Mono), Line 6 Original
    • Delay > Poly Sustain (Mono), Line 6 Original
    • Delay > Glitch Delay (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original performance delay that lets you freely manipulate the repeats' behavior in real time
    • Pitch/Synth > Poly Pitch (Mono), Line 6 Original
    • Pitch/Synth > Poly Wham (Mono), Line 6 Original. Works equally well on guitar and bass, although you might want to tweak the Auto EQ parameter for your particular instrument. See Poly Pitch notes above for additional information
    • Pitch/Synth > Poly Capo (Mono), Line 6 Original. Simpler version of Poly Pitch when you just want to change keys. Works equally well on guitar and bass, although you might want to tweak the Auto EQ parameter for your particular instrumentSee Poly Pitch notes above for additional information
    • Pitch/Synth > 12 String (Mono), Line 6 Original 12-string guitar emulation
    • Volume/Pan > Stereo Imager (Stereo), Line 6 Original
    • Looper > Shuffling Looper (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original. Part looper, part sampler, part inspiration generator, part performance instrument, the Shuffling Looper intelligently chops up your playing and gives you realtime control over reordering, octave shifting, reversing, and repeating. It's all immense fun (even on vocals, drums, and percussion), but you'll want to familiarize yourself with its controls.

New Features

True Preset Spillover

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT

Despite what some might have you believe, the only digital multieffects units with true preset spillover were the DigiTech GSP1101, 2112, and 2120, and they accomplished this by dedicating one of their two DSPs to spillover and only spillover. (Basically, to hear two dynamically allocated presets with absolutely zero gap—not a global reverb smeared to cover the gap—you need enough DSP to run both of them simultaneously.) So... if you're willing to sacrifice half your DSP—that is, COMPLETELY DISABLE PATH 2—you too can have true preset spillover. IMPORTANT! Unfortunately, Looper recording or playback will not currently spill over from one preset to another. Also, note that there may be a slight hiccup when switching between two presets with different impedance values for the Guitar Input.

Favorites

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp

If you've dialed in an amp or effects block exactly the way you like it, you can now save its settings as a favorite so it can be added very quickly, complete with bypass state and footswitch assignment. Favorites appear in a new "Favorites" category and can be renamed, reordered, and cleared. TIP: If you don't want a favorite to be recalled with its footswitch assignment, add the block before you assign a switch.

All right, so what?

Here's what:

1. At any time, select an empty block and turn the joystick (Big Knob on HX Effects or Lower Knob on HX Stomp). All your perfectly-tweaked favorite amps and effects instantly appear, without having to open the model list at all. If you typically keep model categories on the same stomp footswitches, you could conceivably create a brand new preset with all of your favorite stuff—including all footswitch assignments—in less than 10 seconds. Creating tones has never been faster or easier. TIP: If you keep one or more external pedals connected to Helix's FX Loops, add the FX Loop blocks as favorites and then rename them after the real thing.

User Model Defaults

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp

3.0 lets you save any amp, cab, or effect block's settings as default so every time you call that model up, it sounds exactly the way you want it. Or, if you want to revert it to factory default, you can do that too. NOTE: Unlike Favorites, user model defaults do not store any footswitch assignments.

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717

Could you copy and paste the update release notes? that link isnt working :( 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    the Favourites bit is a great thing.

Probably the most exciting bit for me - although I'm looking forward to trying the artists presets.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Jetfire said:

Could you copy and paste the update release notes? that link isnt working :( 
    Done!

The full notes are here, along with the download link:

https://line6.com/software/index.html
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom