The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Jamie Roberts dropped for first time, ball may get to the wings at last but wait, Biggar still gonna kick ball to opposition as that's the game plan. 
    Ans Sam Davies the guy most likely to open up and run with the ball dropped out if squad altogether? Howley doesn't have a bloody clue. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981

;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Barbarians having fun in the rain tonight
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • We (Wales) have to change, the game has moved on from cementball, you have to score tries to win games, we have needed a better attack coach for years
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Scoootland
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Feck
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    Well, that was a nice win against the Boks. But the ref must have had a spiked drink not to see the forward pass for that Boks try.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fantastic performance, probably best I have seen in 10 years, hardly put a foot wrong. Teams were shit though but ref was spot on, consistent, to both teams and tried to let game flow. 
  • It's an odd feeling watching this England team now. There is a real expectation that they now should win every game and they are playing with such passion and commitment that it's wonderful to watch. And for the first time in a while real strength in depth. Feel a bit sorry for Stuart Lancaster as he assembled most of this group but just shows what a difference a coach can make.  
  • mattdavis said:
    It's an odd feeling watching this England team now. There is a real expectation that they now should win every game and they are playing with such passion and commitment that it's wonderful to watch. And for the first time in a while real strength in depth. Feel a bit sorry for Stuart Lancaster as he assembled most of this group but just shows what a difference a coach can make.  
    Well, we've been floundering for so long that every England fan has a not-unreasonable hope of a win, while expecting the hammer to fall on us at any moment.

It's a complicated position, supporting England.
    <space for hire>
  • tbmtbm Frets: 579
    England are comfortably the No. 2 team in world rugby right now. I was doubtful Eddie Jones was the man for the job, but he has them humming. They'll be dominating Europe for a while.

Don't feel to bad for Stu. He has my Leinster boys looking better already. Seems to be more suited to that type of role. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24264
    Billy V has passed his fitness test. Joseph is back in with Daly moved to the wing.

Glad to see Mince getting another go. He was a bit star struck on his debut but his club form has been really good.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    I' not happy about playing Daly on the wing. I can't remember him starting there for Wasps. It has "future utility back on the bench" written all over it.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    edited November 2016
    Winnie has been proof reading the player bio's I wrote ...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well Wales 'should' win against Japan, but I don't think it's gonna be a walk in the park as any decent coach will target Cuthbert and lack of speed when turning for Welsh backs like Roberts. 
    Grubber kicks and chips over the top is an area I would be worried about. Trouble with that is Liam Williams will be so busy covering behind that he will have to counter attack from deep each time rather than joining the line in attack. 
    All in all unless we play 10 man rugby and deprive Japan of the ball we could have an awkward time against their speed and cutting edge. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888

There are 48 Samoan born players playing today in Internationals for the following countries: NZ, Aus, France, England, Japan, Romania, USA, Tonga, fiji, Samoa, and Maori ABs.....

How good would Samoa be if they all played for their home?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24264
    Try for Mince!
  • Such poor skills from Welsh players, Cuthbert even stood one foot in touch waiting for ball. 
    Anscombe is so slow, In thought and telegraphs everything. 
    Get Cuthbert off the field now! 
  • Shane Williams was less than impressed with the performance today.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • I'm too embarrassed to say we won, more like Japan lost to us. 
    We have serious problems in Wales and I believe it's Howley!