Prompted by some recent debates, and 2 years of experience since we had our first attempt at defining rules, we're refreshed and simplified our rules.
Additional Rules for the Classifieds
These rules apply in addition to our standard forum rules.
- Before you post an ad, look at other ads. Match, or better, that standard.
- You must post an asking price or ideal trades.
- You should post some good quality pictures. http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54241/posting-pics-vids-soundclips-how-to
- You should not post your address, email address or phone number.
- Do not bump more frequently than every 48 hours.
- Flag it if you genuinely think that an ad is dodgy or breaks the rules, don't harass the seller on the thread. Criticising prices counts as harassment
- When appropriate, update the thread to include "SOLD" (or whatever is appropriate) in the title and opening post. DO NOT delete the price or any other content.
- If you’re listing multiple items in the same section, do it in one thread, not one thread per item.
- The Fretboard is not responsible for transactions - the buyer and seller are. Be careful and be sensible. PPG is for use between trusted parties.
- Do not post items for sale that are not what they appear to be (fake, counterfeit, etc).
- If you advertise on here, post the details on here. Posts that are little more than links to eBay (etc) will be deleted.
- The Classifieds are intended for personal use only - any business use, unless explicitly sanctioned by the admins, will result in the immediate loss of access. If you are a business/dealer contact a moderator to discuss how you could get involved here. Bedroom dealers are strongly discouraged, and will probably lose Classified access as soon as we find them. [edited February 2021]
In our view, and in the spirit of the forum, we define a dealer as anyone who uses the forum primarily (ie you don't get involved elsewhere in the forum or make any other contribution to the forum) as a platform for selling to an extent that it's unlikely the sales are of personally owned, and used, equipment. This will be our judgement call rather than a pre-defined limit.