Connecting the Blackstar Emulated Out

asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
Hi Guys Could a Blackstar user please tell me how I connect the Emulated Out to my Interface? Thanks Alan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Er ... I'm not sure I quite understand the question?

You plug the emulated out into the line in on the interface. Using an ordinary guitar lead.
  • Just jack to jack to your interface.  It's the emulated/headphones out.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    edited November 2013
    Thanks guys,let me explain. I had an HT-1 and I bought it specifically for the Emulated Out. The shop where I bought it from gave me the correct lead, which was a mini jack to 1/4 Jack and told me it went into the instrument input on the front of the interface. I got the Amp home excited because I had always wanted a Blackstar. Plugged it in as instructed,and the noise was deafening,hissing static,absolutely Unusable to say the least. I took it back to the shop and explained problem,they said it was probably faulty And refunded the money I had paid. I could not believe it was so noisy,I thought I would ask,now I know where I went wrong. Hope that explains the reason for the question. Alan
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10572

The emulated output of an HT is at line level, hot enough to drive headphones so doesn't go in the instrument input of an interface like yer man suggested, but t needs to go into a line input. An instrument input  is typically high z and  high gain so that would account for the noise
    www.2020studios.co.uk