Another new Les Paul Model...

What's Hot

Comments

• Can only see the Wine Red finish on the GG site, in the states they're showing this as well:

http://static.musiciansfriend.com/derivates/18/001/723/248/DV016_Jpg_Large_1375717133250_C.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I quite like that. I assume it's a custom shop since they keep dropping the word 'Custom' everywhere. If so, it's quite a good price (Unlike the time they released that Duane Allman Les Paul.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Duane-Allman-1959-Cherry-Sunburst-Les-Paul.aspx
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2013
    I quite like that. I assume it's a custom shop

Not sure. I think it's a regular factory build, like the Custom Lite.

Might be like the Trad Pro ii as a dealer exclusive that have made it across the pond.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    It's pretty, but a rosewood 'board on a custom never seems right somehow..

• I quite like that. I assume it's a custom shop

Not sure. I think it's a regular factory build, like the Custom Lite.

Might be like the Trad Pro ii as a dealer exclusive that have made it across the pond.

Ah that makes sense taking the price into consideration!
  • Interesting, I might like that in black. Part of me still wants them to reissue this one, but then I remember that I don't get on well with LP's :(

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting, I might like that in black. Part of me still wants them to reissue this one, but then I remember that I don't get on well with LP's :(

Sure is sexy. I reckon it would be even sexier with just 1 P90 in the bridge position and nothing in the neck position. A little controversial...
  • The wine red is very nice but it needs the plastics to be cream not black, in my opinion...That may be me just lusting after a "Lucy" guitar again though..

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2013
    The wine red is very nice but it needs the plastics to be cream not black, in my opinion...That may be me just lusting after a "Lucy" guitar again though..

@rocknrolldave

Most stores are knocking a couple of hundered quid off the Sig-T...and they do a nice wine red ;-)

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1760
    RocknRollDave;76579" said:
    The wine red is very nice but it needs the plastics to be cream not black, in my opinion...That may be me just lusting after a "Lucy" guitar again though..
    I want a Lucy too, but it should be a paler red than wine. I think Gibson made some last year for about £4.5K
    /:)
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Interesting, I might like that in black. Part of me still wants them to reissue this one, but then I remember that I don't get on well with LP's :(

Get a Bigsby on this, and win :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    The crown inlays just look totally wrong on a Custom.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
    edited November 2013
    DannyP;76811" said:
    [quote="RocknRollDave;76579"]The wine red is very nice but it needs the plastics to be cream not black, in my opinion...That may be me just lusting after a "Lucy" guitar again though..
    I want a Lucy too, but it should be a paler red than wine. I think Gibson made some last year for about £4.5K
    /:) [/quote]

I nice cheap(er) Lucy would be one of the mahogany satin Traditionals they did. They were getting sold off for £999 not long ago!

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/230406-ngd-les-paul-traditional-mahogany-satin-cherry.html
  •   Both of those are seriously sharp looking guitars!!  The price is fairly reasonable, too- if they charge that much in US dollars.

I'm impressed by the level of detail GG gets into in the specs.
  • I don't know if I'm missing something, but it's just a LP custom with a RW board?

Only 300k volume pots, too.
  • I don't know if I'm missing something, but it's just a LP custom with a RW board?

Only 300k volume pots, too.

Single binding as well, but the price is good and I love the natural finish version.
  • Lixarto said:
    Interesting, I might like that in black. Part of me still wants them to reissue this one, but then I remember that I don't get on well with LP's :(
    Get a Bigsby on this, and win :)
    Yup B-)
  • +2 to Gibson.

Love the wine red. I guess I don't mind the black plastic because my Studio has black plastic... And I love the black one with the P90s too!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    ICBM said:
    The crown inlays just look totally wrong on a Custom.
    Not so bothered about the inlays, but why rosewood for the fretboard? Just doesn't look right.

They could have used Richlite and the cost would have been similar or less, probably. Why didn't they do that?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • It's a bit of a mash up I guess. The 'board is off a classic. The body is only top bound like a classic, but 5 ply like a custom, and the bound headstock is like a custom. I quite like it. And they're cheaper than a standard or traditional.