LP Junior kit?

What's Hot
daveyhdaveyh Frets: 702
Does anyone know of someone who makes a doublecut LP Junior kit that's made properly ie set neck? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    I like the look of the first one but as I recall, shipping from the US was a bit hefty, mind you it might be cheaper to import two, if you see what I mean.

Can't find out where the Faber one is made, also would like to know if it comes with the fat neck
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I've just got one of the Tokai/Faber ones, and it is beautifully made. MIJ, long tenon, one piece mahogany body, one piece 'hog neck etc.

I went for a single cut but they do the double cut too. These are them - though Crazyparts seem to do them cheaper

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Crox guitars had them on their website.
    @Drbob - the neck on the single cut is a decent mittfull - definitely 50s-stylee

JookyChap said:
    @Drbob - the neck on the single cut is a decent mittfull - definitely 50s-stylee
    Hmmm, interesting, as a man with a 'significant' birthday coming in January and a wife looking for a gift the temptation to get one of these and then ruin WezV's day by asking him to build it up into a TV yellow relic job is strong....
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 702
    Cheers!
    DrBob said:

JookyChap said:
    Hmmm, interesting, as a man with a 'significant' birthday coming in January and a wife looking for a gift the temptation to get one of these and then ruin WezV's day by asking him to build it up into a TV yellow relic job is strong....
    You can check it out once I've done it, as part of our lend lease programme...

• At least the one from Precision guitar kits has the bridge post holes in the right place (i.e. with the bass side set back)
  • Interesting that all the sites selling the Faber kit show the same guitar. Identical grain in every picture.
    Interesting that all the sites selling the Faber kit show the same guitar. Identical grain in every picture.
    They probably only ever made one of each :)

Tis the way of things though. The one I've got here is different, maybe I should send it back...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChap said:

Tis the way of things though. The one I've got here is different, maybe I should send it back...
    I would. "Not as described"
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17459
    DrBob said:

JookyChap said:
    I have looked at these a few times myself as they do seem very cheap .   It would normally be right up my street, if I was not planning to move house soon ;)
    At least the one from Precision guitar kits has the bridge post holes in the right place (i.e. with the bass side set back)

bridge choice will come into play with this.  the earlier juniors had a severly angled bridge but no intonation ridge.   bridges with an intonation ridge generally need less angle, and fully intonatable wraparounds don't really need any angle at all.  you can swap and change to a certain extent, but its better to have that bass post further forward and adjust  with the grub screw than it is to have it too far back in the first place
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    DrBob said:

JookyChap said:
    I have looked at these a few times myself as they do seem very cheap .   It would normally be right up my street, if I was not planning to move house soon ;)

Well, it's not like I'm short a guitar to play in the meantime, absolutely loving the Steinberger at the mo'. If you were up for it,it wouldn't have to be done for January....
  • WezV said:
    At least the one from Precision guitar kits has the bridge post holes in the right place (i.e. with the bass side set back)

bridge choice will come into play with this. 
    There is only one bridge choice IMO, and that's the plain bar. (Do I need to add this now ;) ?)
    JookyChap;77295" said:
    DrBob said:

JookyChap said:

You can check it out once I've done it, as part of our lend lease programme...
    Sorry mate, missed this post first time around. Okay, cool this sounds like a plan !

No worries... It probably won't look too much like a trad Jr, mind.... :)

I didn't for one second think it would ;-)
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11846
    tFB Trader
    Ere you lot aren't Chinese are you ???
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    JookyChap said:
    No worries... It probably won't look too much like a trad Jr, mind.... :)
    I think i would be dissappointed if it was ;)