LP Junior kit?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2385
    tFB Trader
    daveyh said:
    Does anyone know of someone who makes a doublecut LP Junior kit that's made properly ie set neck? 
    Yes I make LP Junior’s double cut, single cut, with a arch top as well if you like I’m also sure there’s are other builders in the UK you could go to for a set neck LP, JXG Guitars comes to mind. I’ve just about to finish two SG’s see the link below. I only make guitars to order so there about a 12 week lead time on any of my builds a bit more if its a arch top. 

The a above links show the day to day work I do on custom guitars so you will have to scroll down and over many pages to see the start of work on to finish of a LP Junior plus other guitars.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    edited December 2013
    @GSPBASSES Those DC Junior/Special's really do look Quality builds.
    @JookyChap any progress/pic's of the Tokai/Faber kit?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Would be interested in hearing how these kits shape up.

regards Jez
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @Doug - the Faber/Tokai one was a lot better than  I honestly expected. Really nicely done. One piece mahogany body/one piece mahogany neck. Frets were well finished, long tenon and made in Japan. Mine got a corroded bronze top, a Mojo gold foil instead of a P90 and an OTT Hipshot Baby Grand tailpiece and plays beautifully. I'm waiting for an etched metal scratchplate from Cooletch to finish it, but have been playing it daily and really loving it.

I've got no doubt the kit isn't going to be as good as a from scratch job @JXG or @GSPBASSES would make, but off the shelf I've been very impressed :)

This is it with a paper 'plate..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gjdbhVi19TM/UrGOsQQ2nDI/AAAAAAAAGt8/1qZJofLw7IE/s1600/004.JPG

• DougDoug Frets: 172
    @JookyChap Nice! and cheers for the update, the bridge + p/up not so much for me, but that's just personal taste/flavours etc. I'm really  gassing a DC junior for 2014 gloss white, possibly with an ebony board and a bucker in the bridge!......coat! (btw I seem to recall a Really! sweet finish on a Tele? by you, a blueish/copper effect which looked Shit hott!)
    :D
  • Ianb62Ianb62 Frets: 22
    Doug said:
    @JookyChap Nice! and cheers for the update, the bridge + p/up not so much for me, but that's just personal taste/flavours etc. I'm really  gassing a DC junior for 2014 gloss white, possibly with an ebony board and a bucker in the bridge!......coat! (btw I seem to recall a Really! sweet finish on a Tele? by you, a blueish/copper effect which looked Shit hott!)
    This finish ?

[URL=http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/ibolton62/media/Jooky/photo2_zps855eaa35.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m559/ibolton62/Jooky/photo2_zps855eaa35.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  • Ianb62Ianb62 Frets: 22
    Doug said:
    This finish?