SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bassist available - London

What's Hot
5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
edited October 2015 in Personnel
Hi 

I'm looking to get back into regular playing, and looking for any of a range of things really. I'm 31 and been playing for around 17 years. 

Sound wise I'm particularly influenced byThe Who (especially Live at Leeds and most of their stuff up to 1970/71), James Jamerson related Mowtown such as Martha Reeves, Wilson Pickett, Marvyn Gaye, Garage rock and Detroit rock like MC5, The Hives and the Sonics, Soundgarden and other 90's grunge/rock, Jeff Buckley, Muse, Punk Blues, QOSTA, Rage, Supergrass and a variety of blues stuff. I'm also listening to a lot of math rock now, like LITE.  

I'm looking for something casual but committed. I'm not looking to 'make it' or practice hundreds of times a week as I have a job I like and keeps me busy, but a practice once a week, or once a fortnight, in Central London (Storm Studios on Holloway Road would be perfect) during a weekday would be great, with the idea to do some gigs at a later stage if we wanted. Ideally, something casual but with people with a good level of skill, who will practice and prepare songs, and turn up on time. 

I'm basically interested in playing in either a 60's type rock/garage/punk blues band, a motown covers band, or math rock type band, or anything in between. The main thing for me is getting to play loud with some good musicians in a relaxed environment. Whether this is an occasional Jam or more fixed group of people, I really don't mind. I was thinking about trying to find a local Jam night, but can't find anything at all. 

Let me know if interested! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hmmm... when you say math-rock... what kind of thing are you thinking? I'm not massively into math-rock, but I do like odd grooves and unusual combinations of time signatures. Emphasis on the groove... rather than just doing jangly stuff that doesn't get your head nodding. I like heavy riff orientated music, with passages of ambient guitar.

Some of my favourite albums are: Tool - Lateralus, ISIS - In The Absence of Truth, Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#A# Infinity, Oceansize - Effloresce, and loads more...

And my band is ending in a month, and I'm probably going to be looking for other projects to get involved with. If that sounds like it could be intriguing to you, lets chat and maybe have a jam? No worries if not!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still looking if this interests anyone. Thanks. 
  • dudududu Frets: 105
    Hi,

I wouldn't say no to a get together and see what comes out of that. I play decent guitar and some bass and drums. I am only interested in writing original material and don't really care what it is as long as it sounds good and makes everyone involved happy.

Have a look/listen at my YouTube/Soundcloud pages and ping me if you like what I sound like:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not quite what I'm looking for, but thanks. 
  • Still looking chaps and chapettes. 

I'd consider blues bands, rock cover bands, anything similar. 

I'm basically looking for something where I can make some noise with like minded individuals every 2 weeks or so, with the option to occasionally perform. 

I live in Herts near Watford if that makes things any different. 
  • Still looking if anyone interested! 
  • Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
    edited January 2016
    I could be interested, I love a bit of Math rock (LITE are brilliant saw them live in Ireland years back)

I used to briefly (at the beginning) play in a band called AXES that do math rock stuff, they are pretty awesome worth checking out.

I live near Finsbury park so not too far from Holloway road.
    Old Is Gold
  • my band from 6 years ago (not math rock but I have played that kind of stuff before)

Old Is Gold