SITE UPDATE: Subscriptions are now available, for image uploads and no ads. Check the sticky thread in Recent Discussions for more info.
Imgur is one of the easier hosts to use, whether directly from the site via a browser, or through its iOS/Android app.From Windows/OSX devices and iPad, via a browser
- Login to your account at imgur.com
- Top right of the homescreen is a little (round) button with your initials/avatar.
- Click that button, and from the drop down, select Images.
- This now displays thumbnails of your images/albums.
- Click on the image you want to embed and it opens in a new window with a list of 7 options on the RHS.
- Click on "Copy" next to the Direct Link option.
- Back to the forum, and "paste" the copied link into the attach image/file pop-up.
Because he's a really helpful guy, @jonathangus made a video
to demonstrate the how-to. Just read the whole thread, because there was a little "gotcha" in the process. From iPad, via Imgur app
From Android, via the Imgur app
- Click on "Profile" in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click on the image that you want to share here
- Then click it again so that it opens in its own window, with only the small "upload" icon in the bottom centre
- Click that icon and select "Copy Link"
- Back to the forum and "paste" the copied link into the attach image/file pop-up
- Press space - do not press enter - to insert the image into your post.
- From the main page of the imgur app on your phone, make sure that the "posts" option is selected.
- Then click the image you want to share so that it displays on the screen.
- *** Click it again (the image now displays in the middle of the screen, row of 4 icons along the bottom of the screen) ***
^^^ This is the critical step! You must be on the screen with the 4 icons - comment/like/download/share - at the bottom.
- The right-most icon is the "share" icon. Click it.
- That opens another screen, with the image link shown at the top.
- NB, the image link will end .jpg (or other image file extension).
- Guess what ... tap the "copy" button!
- Back to the forum, "paste" the link into the attach image/file pop-up.